I’ve got a few ideas on who can play some of the new characters in the US version of the 2nd and 3rd book. Tell me if you agree or disagree, and if you’ve got a better idea:

Teleborian – david strathairn (perfect as a charismatic devil, he showed he can play one in The Bourne Ultimatum)

Dag Svensson – Aaron Eckhart or Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Malin Eriksson – Malin Akerman (same names, i guess)

Jan Bublanski – jim broadbent (something about jim broadbent screams officer bubble)

Ronald Niedermann – dolph lundgren (LOL)

Zalachenko – John Hurt

any more ideas?

Posted by Zee in QC , 28 October 2012

26 thoughts on “Who you think can star as the characters in the US version of the 2nd and 3rd book?”
  1. I think the Rooney criticism results mostly from the order of the viewer’s/reader’s encounters with Lisbeth. I finished reading all three books this past March, before having seen any of the movies, and let my mind’s eye create the characters. After reading the books, I watched all four of the films that have been made thus far, beginning with the American version of GWTDT (it was on one of my cable channels every other night at the time, so it was the most convenient to get to). Within a month, I had watched all four films in fairly rapid progression–but not all in one night. As a result, I adore both actresses, and think that both did great jobs in interpreting the character, but each did a slightly different interpretation. I think that Rooney fit the physical description better, although she is still a bit too tall. Noomi conveyed Lisbeth’s anger and self-consciousness a bit better, but Rooney conveyed her aloofness somewhat better. My verdict: I can watch either actress playing the part; I love both of them.

Posted by rickbull in Nashville ,

2. I think rickbull is right; both Roony and Noomi did Lisbeth justice but I wish the fact that this woman is little is very significant–not 5 feet. Niether of these actress can do anything about this besides the tricks used in the Lord of the Rings to show hobbits as short.

Posted by turtle in California ,

3. Im back again to check out the second part, The Girl who played with fire to my dismay that still two remaining casts Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig (rumored) from IMDB. Whats going on?Maybe still Craig under negioation with producers?

Posted by Dragonreader in Anytown,Calif. ,

4. Peter Stromer(spelling? he was in Fargo as bad guys) for tall giant german guy. think its perfect cast?

Posted by Dragon reader in california ,

5. NO ONE. Sorry but Scandinavian and European drama is just that – the slightly dark film noir – and is not intended to be “Americanised”, nor Britishsised, whatsoever! Just as Bron/Borgen. Leave it alone, watch it with subtitles, learn Swedish or just stick to the books!!

Posted by Caroline Cowling in Bristol, UK ,

6. I think Daniel Craig is ok for the role of Mikael Blomkvis, Rooney Mara didn’t quite convice me in her role of Lisbeth since i saw the swedish version first and you have to compare her acting to that of Noomi Rapace, Rapace was just awesome maybe a British actress since Craig is British too or i´d prefer some one like Christina Ricci you remember her as the creepy daughter in the Adams Family movie? she was just a kid and did ok in that role since she’s grown i think she´ll do good in a roll like Lisbeth’s but hey that’s just my opinion there might be better people for the roles who knows?

Posted by David Gomez in Leon, Mexico ,