The Girl Who Played with Fire

“The Girl who Played with Fire” is the second novel in The Millennium Trilogy and was firstcontent-images-stieglarsson_v2-right_books_offering published in 2006.
 It was published in English in 2009 and straight away became a No. 1 Best Seller in UK and was the first translated novel to do that in the hardback chart.

It won the Swedish Crime Writers Academy Award in 2006 for The Best Swedish Crime Novel .
According to figures from June 2011, the Millennium Trilogy has together sold 60 million copies in more than 50 countries.

Plot summary

Lisbeth Salander is wanted for a triple murder. All three victims are connected to a trafficking expose about to be published in Mikael Blomqvists magazine Millenium, and Lisbeths fingerprints are on the weapon.

Lisbeth vanishes to avoid capture by the justice. Mikael, not believing the police, is
despairingly trying to clear her name, using all his resources and the staff of his magazine. During this process, Mikael discovers Lisbeths past, a terrible story of abuse and traumatizing experiences growing up in the Swedish care system.

When he eventually finds her, it’s only to discover that she is far more entangled in his initial investigation of the sex industry than he could ever imagine.

305 comments on “The Girl Who Played with Fire”

• bb from Santa Cruz says:

Really addictive and edge of your seat; fascinating Lisbeth Salader. Very intriguing character. So sad that there won’t be any more after the third. Can’t wait to read that one in June.

- bb from Santa Cruz,

• MARTHA Anderson says:

At the beginning of The Girl Who Played with Fire there is a description of a young girl tied to a bed. I, for one, never

figured out who it was and where she is.

Please, someone tell me who it is. Am I stupid?

Love the books!

- MARTHA Anderson,

• Eileen K, says:

it also doesn’t get better in South Africa. All my friends warned me. Couldn’t put in down

- Kathy Katz,

• Kalle, says:

It doesn’t get any better in Australia. Same problem…couldn’t put it down !!

- Graeme Rogers,

• Diablo says:

These books are just so amazing I am trying hard to read book III slowly as I know sadly that’s it.

All you fascists are going to lose :)

- Diablo,

• H1961, says:

SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED BOOK 2.It’s Lisbeth on her 13th birthday at the psychiatric ward. She recalls the experience when she thinks back to Dr. Tollen later in the book.

- Kalle,

• Jackie Ward says:

just started volume three, struggled at first to get into the first volume whilst on holiday. then someone suggested it as a cold winters night read and they were bang on. Now on volume three, brilliantly written dont want to finish it!!!

- Jackie Ward,

• witing r.a says:

im very interesting,but can u mention the prologue an epilogue…your novel make me rising to write some novel.when u come to indonesia?

- witing r.a,

• Jing Yi, says:

Yep…I feel the same way

- H1961,

• Jo Manning says:

This book is even better than The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo! I raced through it and then wanted to read it all over again.

Jo Manning, 15 October 2009

- Jo Manning,

• H1961, says:

the author’s dead, unfortunately

- Jing Yi,

• Maria Ladaki says:

Oh my God!!! I wish the writer was stil alive so that he could write more of those marvelous books!!!!!

- Maria Ladaki,

• H1961, says:

I am so looking forward to getting this for my birthday – can’t wait to get stuck in – I know I will want to read it more than once!

- H1961,

• Vasilis Tsikas says:

“Unfortunaly” I have finished the second book……i can breath now. I have not read a book so sharply before.

- Vasilis Tsikas,

• Gina says:

I just finished reading this book last night. Bring on the Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest! I can’t wait to get my hands on this last installment, although reading it will be bittersweet, as Larrson leaves us wanting more with each book. I am not usually drawn so deeply into a book, but I have to say Stieg Larsson’s works are so well written, I was completely sucked in. I have to agree with others, these books are addicting.

- Gina,

• Daniel says:

Hey,

I’ve read the whole Millennium series. I must say, they are great Crime fiction books. It was great writing and therefore it’s to bad that there won’t be more of that.

Thanks Stieg.

- Daniel,

• Laurie says:

I’ve read the first two in the trilogy; waiting for the third to be sold in the US. I’ve never read books quite like these, or come across an author quite like Stieg. The books are addicting, and I can’t wait for more of Mikhail and Lisbeth. Stieg, you were awesome.

- Laurie,

• GMoskal says:

Great book! I can’t wait to read the third book.When will it be realeased in the US?

- GMoskal,

I finished reading *TGWDragon Tatto and was psyched to continue… wouldn’t you know it? I received a Kindle for Christmas and immediately ordered the rest of the trilogy. Stayed up until 3:00 reading TGWPWith Fire. If you need instant gratification, instead of running out to buy, Kindle is definitely for you — the books are 30

-50% cheaper, too.

- tmv,

• Laura, says:

Hi, As a non

-native speaker I was googling to see how people use the structure “both the first and the second BOOK or BOOKS?”. I was wondering if it s correct or not. I know it s quite irrelevant. I’d appreciate your help. Thanks.

- Vahid,

Obviously you have trouble reading such intense manuscrips. Try the movie. It’s more your speed.

- Name/signature,

• J.C. Plante says:

I just finished reading The Girl who played with fire and am looking forward to reading the 3rd one. Does anyone know when it will be available in Quebec, Canada and where?

- J.C. Plante,

• Mandy, says:

You can get the third on Amazon.UK

• J.Larsson (no releation), says:

You can get the book on eBay.

- Net,

• Jay Henry, says:

There actually is a third book: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest. No idea though when it will be released in the U.S. I think before the end of 2009.

- Laura,

There won’t be another. The author died.

• Gina Rojas says:

Awesome book, very well written, terrific detail and good plot line! I can wait for the 3rd book!

- Gina Rojas,

• Eve Mannes says:

My husband and I have listened to the audio tapes The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire.

We are smitten by Simon’s oration and hang on each and every word. We are addicted to the cast of characters, plot, and scenic descriptions.

We await to see the film versions here in the states.

- Eve Mannes,

• Christina Moyer, says:

There won’t be another. The author died.

• Fi Boyd says:

What a shame work keeps getting in the way of a great read, time for a holiday.

- Fi Boyd,

• Jade Francis says:

I’m totally addicted to those books!

I can’t stop read… I just want to go on, and on, and on!

Lisbeth is such an amazing character. I adore her! And what about Blomkvist? A journalist that we’ll deserve in reality!

Tack vare, Stieg! Rest in peace, damned you!

- Jade Francis,

• Jay Henry says:

Larsson’s books have it all… characters, plot, action, prose, dialogue, intrique. What a talent! Where can I lay hands on No. 3?

- Jay Henry,

I have just finished reading the the girl with the dragon tattoo! And what a read. I do not usually read crime novels but after reading the first page I was hooked. Nothing else stopped me from reading. I had a painting to finish, gardening which was urgent before the rain came and cooking to do.My husband spoke to me a number of times and I didn’t hear him.I was so wrapped up in the story. B I could not put the book down. I even got up during the night in need to know what came next.

Now I just have to have the next 2 books.

All the characters acted out their rolls in my brain the whole time. I was there with them feeling cold in the cottage with Bomkvist and Lisbeth Salander. I now feel lost having come to the end. But I have finished the painting and planted the spring bulbs in my garden. Oh and we have eaten today.

Maureen Benjamin in France

- ,

• tilemachos says:

i can say that i m not a reader. i m 29 and i ve read

2 books.but with this one(the girl with dragon tattoo)

i couldn’t stop.. amazing book…

- tilemachos,

• Sasha says:

I have just demolished 1 and 2 and half way through 3. Slightly scared that it is nearly all over. As cliched as it sounds, I have not been able to put these books down. Enthralling.

- Sasha,

• J. Larsson (no relation), says:

Where can I get the 3rd book? In the US it is not released until March of 2010.

- Erin,

• MRb, says:

where can you find 2and 3 in South Africa?

- sash,

• Leo at city Zwolle says:

I ‘m not a reader. Mostly the books were from American writers. You know the ones with American heroes. But the books of Larsson are kindly different. It was a thrill to read those 3 books. And I liked to read about Swedish country, names and the rest.

- Leo at city Zwolle,

• MRb says:

I am really enjoying the book at the moment, one of the best reads I have had this year. Rest In Peace Stieg Larsson, what an awsome author.

- MRb,

• rm says:

ummm is this a book or a true life story?

- rm,

Just finished reading Tome I. GREAT story, amazing book, could not put it down

Ruben Grubner

- , 29 November 2009

• David says:

this is the best book that I’ve ever read in my life!!!!

- David,

• Ariessa says:

i’ve finished my fisrt Sieg Larsson novel…i liked it couse his book is so different from other!

And i am waiting for second book into Indonesia

- Ariessa,

• Salvatore says:

I’m at the end of the Tome II. Lisbeth has just shoot one bullet into Lundin’s feet and Blomkvist is talking to Palmgren at his hospital. Great story. I’m enjoying it very much.

- Salvatore,

• Jakob from sweden says:

10 books were supposed to be released but he died after writing half of part four. It’s a debate if they should finish it for him or not…

These books rock

- Jakob from sweden,

I totally agree with that, I wasnt expecting them to be so good!!

- MRb,

• rainey says:

i really loved the 1st book… i already have the 3rd book and still waiting for the 2nd book cause i requested them as a gift. at first it was like its not that intruiging for me but when ive reached 1/4 of it i cant put the book down anymore. i love the twist and everything about it. i feel the adrenaline rushing. ive enjoyed the 1st book. cant wait to read the 2nd and the 3rd! im excited.

- rainey,

• Riripeti Totoro, New Zealand says:

I just finished Books 1&2 and am going to head into town to see if they have book 3. I was camping at the beach and even the beautiful weather and water couldn’t get me to put down the book. Love reading in big chunks and how the characters and multi layers flow!!!

- Riripeti Totoro, New Zealand,

• Henk, Brabant NL says:

Yesterday evening we saw the movie of part I in Oss. No seat in the theatre was left and during 2,5 hour we did not hear any noise from the public. It was special to see the movie and afterwards read further in part III.

I wish Marie and Riripeti a good holiday in the southern sun – here we have rain and snow…

- Henk, Brabant NL,

• Marie, Queensland says:

11.30pm, on holidays just finished Book 2. Finished Book 1 day before yesterday. I desperately want to read III NOW! But the chances of finding a bookshop open in the middle of the night…..wonder if 7Eleven may have????????

- Marie, Queensland,

• Stig says:

If the book is as badly written as the script for the movie, it’s just amazing how it can have had such a success.

- Stig,

• Jocelyn – Livingston, NJ says:

Just finished the 2nd book: “The Girl who Played with Fire”– and all of the above– all true regarding not being able to put down the 2 books.

Love this series. I was schizo regarding trying to read fast and slowing down at the same time– to prolong the experience of the Lisbeth story.

She is indeed the heroine of our times. Thank you, Stieg. As with everything, there is a beginning and an ending– the 3rd book may be the end of a beautiful thing.

- Jocelyn – Livingston, NJ,

• shawn says:

the best in fiction i have read so far.only thing i have to say is we lost a great writer so early.the best since ludlum

- shawn,

• ivette r. says:

yeah i lke the book the girl who played with fire the most

- ivette r.,

• witing R,a, says:

HE WAS GOOD. SORRY BUT HE DIED IN 2004, SO YOU HAVE TO MAKE DO WITH THE 3 BOOKS.

- CESAR.,

Have just finished Girl With The Dragon Tatoo – best book I have read in a long time.Unputdownable. Have book 111 but must wait until I can get book 11…coming in post soon.

Clare – Ireland.

- ,

• madelin says:

I enjoyed the first two books very much.The only putoff is the extremely liberal lifestyle practised in sweden.Lisbeth is an awesome and unlikely heroine.

- madelin,

• just me – Germany says:

Just finished read Girl With The Dragon Tatoo. I hate it because it made me stayed up til morning… reading. The warning is true think before you start reading it!

- just me – Germany,

• Graeme Rogers, says:

good comment…same with me that novel very interesting to me coz give me spirit in my life

- witing R,a,

• Catherine, says:

you can order it from thebookdepository.co.uk and they ship free to Canada

- Mandy,

• Kathy Katz, says:

Book 3 was delivered to the publishers before Mr. Larsson died.

- Jay Henry,

• Troy, Texas says:

who knew reading could be this great . it sux it has to come to an end.

- Troy, Texas,

• Gary C., Fair Oaks, CA says:

Great reading. It will be hard to wait for the 3rd book.

- Gary C., Fair Oaks, CA,

• David Woodley says:

I ‘ve just finished this book and I’ve started the third. What a girl! What a writer! R.I.P. Steg. I hope somebody makes a film of the trilogy.

- David Woodley,

• Fay, says:

I totally agree with you Maria

- H1961,

• Sarah says:

My husband heard about the first book from a co-worker. Knowing that I am always looking for the next great book to read, he eagerly told me about it and picked up for me the next day at the bookstore. I started reading it on Saturday evening and finished it Monday evening. If it wasn’t for a jammed pack weekend and work, I probably would have stayed home all day Saturday just to read it start to finish. I read a lot of mystery books and this by far was one of the best books I have ever read! Going out tomorrow to buy the second and third!! Can’t wait to get back into the world Blomqvist and Salander. I am truly addicted!

- Sarah,

• Joan Anderson says:

I agree with the previous reader’s comments about the series being like a drug. I’ve just finished reading the third book in the trilogy and am now suffering serious withdrawal symptoms. The plot of each one just grabs you from the first page and its hard to put them down, even to eat or sleep!

- Joan Anderson,

That is so true

• Íris Jerónimo says:

Can anyone tell me the name of the guy who feels no pain, from the group of criminals Lisbeth found?

- Íris Jerónimo,

• Carina, says:

The trilogy has been completed, and the first film which I saw twice at the 2009 Cannes Film Festival, not in competition, is set for release in March.

- Fay,

• C, says:

It was Lisbeth in the solitary room at the psychiatric facility, and it’s Dr. Teleborian looking at her.

- Eileen K,

Damn these books are good!!

• Marianna Krikopoulou, Greece says:

I’ve just finished reading the 2nd book and cannot wait for the 3rd book to be published (greek version). Otherwise, I should read it in English. I am overwhelmed by the plot and the writing skills of Stieg Larsson. I wish he were alive and wrote more books. I hope Lisbeth Salander will prove to be innocent and will lead a normal life, full of love in the 3rd book… I am going to see the 2nd movie today. The 1st book and movie were also great.

- Marianna Krikopoulou, Greece,

• WILSON says:

VERY GREED IDEA

- WILSON,

• Gerda K. Meller Miami says:

After finishing the three books, while laying in a hospital in Switzerland. For 5 days I was not able to start a new book. The books are so intensive…..Great.

- Gerda K. Meller Miami,

• Jan George says:

I’ve read the first two of the Millenium trilogy. The quality of Stieg Larsson’s writing, story telling, and characters have spoiled me. Am hesitant, both to read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest because that’s the end of this brilliant writing, and to pick up anything else to ready, because it will likely pale in comparison.

- Jan George,

• Ilkim Saral says:

It was incredible… Just amazing.

- Ilkim Saral,

• Rafeeq Tharayil says:

One of the best book I ever read. The characters are wonderful. I gonna read the 3rd one one soon. Thrilling and astonishing which gave me an idea about Sweden as well. Wonderfull… I miss the auther and wish he was alive.

- Rafeeq Tharayil,

• R.W. Walker – San Antonio, TX says:

I have been an avid reader since the age of 6 or so and I am now 70. Two chapters into The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and I was hooked. After reading the book, my wife and I went to see the movie. I am not sure which was the best, the book or the movie. I have read all thee books and they were incredible reading. As we say in Texas….”Don’t Mess With Lisbeth.” What a great character.

- R.W. Walker – San Antonio, TX,

• D C W, says:

I think it could be that the point is simply that we’re not supposed to know WHAT “all the evil” was, but just that it happened, and that it was in some way formative. Perhaps vol 3 will reveal…?

- Kevski,

• Ex Lit Prof says:

Lisbeth Salander’s quest is all the more amazing in view of her past. Rather than allowing her past to paralyze her, she has channelled her survival skills to make her way in a violent, fascinating world. My full review can be read at www.the-reading-list.com

- Ex Lit Prof,

• Howie says:

Who was the old man in the nursing home that Lisbeth was friends with ?? was he a relative…friend of his father ??

- Howie,

• Anita, says:

R. W. I love that: “Don’t mess with Lisbeth.” Indeed!

- D C W,

• wicked_girlpower says:

What was the solution to Fermat’s equation? Should have been included in book 3!!!

- wicked_girlpower,

sAW THE dvd SO NOW WANT TO READ THE BOOKS

• JESS, says:

He was her original guardian. She found him when he had the stroke and thought he had not survived. He signed her guardianship over to Nils, the scumbag…

- Anita,

• Jay Jay in New York City, NY says:

Began reading the first book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo yesterday, could not put it down, read until my eyes burned, forced my eyes to keep reading, i could not stop. what a compelling story…i finished at 9:00 a.m. can’t decide if I should run out and buy the next one or crawl back to reality. i don’t want to leave these characters. i miss the tiny island, and all that coffee…thank you, thank you stieg larsson.

- Jay Jay in New York City, NY,

• tmv, says:

Dymocs in Australia

• willjr29, says:

should of read the books first. movies take away the exitement

- JESS,

• willjr29, says:

SPOILER ALERT:I believe that ‘all the evil’ was when lisbeth firebombs her dad’s car after witnessing the years of abuse

- britt,

• Martina says:

I haven’t read any of the books but the Girl Who Played With Fire is playing at the movie theatre right now. Can I see that movie without having seen the first in the series? Or will I be totally lost?

- Martina,

• ebonflow, says:

Difficult to say. If they could keep up the quality then sure. But no one wants anyone to write more, badly. It’s a fantastic series as it is, and if they find someone with the same calibre perhaps they should just start their own series. Or… perhaps their own series, in the same world so to speak. A background story from the villains point of view would be interesting, yet not cramp on Stieg’s style.

• JESS says:

I love these books!!! wish there was more!

- JESS,

• inlove says:

I had a hard time getting into the first novel, but once I did I was enraptured by Larsson’s portrayal of Salander and Blomkvist. I finally received the final two books for Christmas. It is one of the most triggering, phenomenal books I have not been able to put down. I read for 12 hours straight until I finished it. I liked how it was slow to get moving because the murders take you off guard. I am itching to read the third, but I need to sleep first :) There were many moments where my jaw hit the floor. An EXCELLENT, albeit long read. I’m dying to watch the movie.

- inlove,

• Beverly says:

This is one of the best novels I have ever had the privilege to read! I could hardly put the first one down, and I can’t wait to get the second one. I am saddened to think that there will not be anymore from this writer. I think his talent for making the characters come to life was unsurpassed in the world of mystery. I can’t wait to see what Salander is up to next!

- Beverly,

• Tats says:

I’ve started reading the first book… I can hardly put it down! Yesterday,read it for more than 9 hours without stopping and I love the characters! They seem so…alive! And Lisbeth..a unique character which will never be found in any other book. :)

- Tats,

• Heather, says:

Definitely read the books, then see the moviesThey are without a doubt the best series of books I have read in a very long timeIt’s hard for me to find books that compel me in such a wayI felt a sense of sadness when I reached the end – to know that there wont be any more from Larsson

- ebonflow,

• Fiftypushing says:

Absolutely superb plotting and characterisation. Brilliant. All three books!

- Fiftypushing,

• Elizabeth says:

This book was phenomenal, by far one of the best books I’ve ever read.

- Elizabeth,

• Betty Westerlund says:

loved it!

- Betty Westerlund,

• Jasper Lorcan says:

I just watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – AB FAB, kept me at the edge of my seat!!

- Jasper Lorcan,

• Chels says:

Do u need to read the first book or can I read the Gil who played with fire dose it follow on or not

- Chels,

• sharon lerner says:

It was a superb book. If you can get past the Swedish spelling (names of people and places) and concentrate on the story, you’ll find a riveting story full of action and excitment. I really loved the book. In answer to some peoples question on whether the book can be read without reading the first one, I think you can. I would recommend, however, that they be read in order. The second book (The girl who play with fire) ends in such a way that instead of justing ending with the final word, it should have read “to be continued”

- sharon lerner,

• Isabelle says:

I’ve never been enthraled by any other series. These books may be printed on paper, but they unlock Sweden right in your very mind. These are now my favorite books.

- Isabelle,

• Laraine says:

I think I have really screwed up. I read TGWTDT and thought THGWKTHN was the second one and read that. Now I just got the TGWPWF. Have I ruined the sequence of the storyline? I saw the first movie as well and though it was great but was glad I read the book first.

- Laraine,

• June in Essex says:

I have just bought a kindle and these are the first book I bought for it after a slow start I could not put the story down what an amazing writer and storyline. I also muddled titles and am reading 2nd book last – still at least I know a good ending is coming – also makes me want to visit Sweden.

- June in Essex,

• PM says:

Just finished TGWKTHN – brilliant. What a series – feel as if I know all the characters personally.

- PM,

• adrienne scarano says:

just watched the girl with the dragon tattoo enthralled thought it was fabulous cant wait to reasd other books

- adrienne scarano,

In my life I really never had a favorite book in fiction or movie for that matter. I can say you blew me away by the books and movies. I want more and more after that. Please don’t ever stop writing you are dam good at it. Very few writers has that thing in there writing that just soaks you in the book. Again my hat is way off to you.

• CESAR., says:

How can we get the DVD’s? My husband and I listened to the first two as well…..Simon Vance is fantastic!

- Christina Moyer,

• Rin says:

The second book in the Millennium Trilogy is quite simply, fantastic. The minute I cracked open the spine I couldn’t put it down for long. Kicking the story off with Salander’s new life reeled me in totally as any scene with her in it is a genuine reading pleasure. I’m not going to include any spoilers in my review, but reading ‘The Girl who Played with Fire’ is like watching a non-stop thriller/action movie that is playing out in your mind.

Some people have remarked that the book’s shaping of characters as well as certain plot elements are too unbelievable and far-fetched, for eg., Salander’s ‘Superwoman’ powers and ‘return’ from the dead; her half-brother’s medical condition that prevents him from feeling pain. Well, I don’t share those sentiments — come on folks, it’s just fiction! And, like movies, don’t books (especially fiction) serve some form of escapism?

I was aware that the book ended with a cliffhanger, so I bought the third in advance before I finished the second. I’m glad I did, because immediately after I’d turned the last page, I jumped right into ‘The Girl who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest’.

Well, that was yesterday night. I’ve started on the first chapter of ‘Hornets’ Nest’ with mixed emotions… I can’t wait to read how the story unfolds, but at the same time, I can’t bear the thought that this is Larsson’s premature sign-off. Meanwhile, I’m also apprehensive that the third book will not be as good as the preceding two, and I’m praying that I won’t be disappointed.

Had he lived, I’m sure the Millennium series would become as hugely popular and famous as Robert Jordan’s ‘The Wheel of Time’ fantasy epic. Jordan himself died before he could write the conclusion, but, like Larsson, he had made notes and the concluding books could thus be published. I’m hoping then, that Larsson’s fourth book (and possibly more) might eventually see the light of the day. I agree that the author’s style is important, but since Larsson’s works have been translated into English, English-speaking readers will never grasp nor appreciate his original writing fully — and so it is the plot of the books that overall matter much more.

And what we want is more of Larsson’s brilliant ideas, so never mind who is tasked with writing them. Fans would simply love to know Stieg’s train of thought and his vision for his series (how it would pan out, the fate of the characters).

It’s just not good enough telling his legions of fans that we should be content with his three books and they are better than one or nothing. If Larsson did leave plot outlines for the remaining books, they should only be fulfilled by being fleshed out and published. Let’s honour his legacy by completing what he started!

My only regret is that I’ve now become hopelessly addicted to Stieg Larsson’s novels, and that there are no more forthcoming to get my fix. I feel almost robbed.

- Rin,

- ,

OK, how does Blomquist find the ranch/farm at the end of the movie, when all he has is a PO Box , not a street address??

- ,

• Merran, says:

- Name/signature,

• Pam lawler says:

I have just read the a girl with the Dragon Tattoo on a Kindle. Not my usual read at all.

I am hooked, about to down load the the other two using a gift voucher again for my Kindle!

I love Lisbeth Salander! I want adopt her, she needs a surrogate Mum, ps I am 70 not 17.!!!!!

- Pam lawler,

• Herbert207, says:

Lisbeth’s friend. She said ‘ he can find anything.’

- Merran,

• LENA FLORES says:

the original version should be seen first from fist to last of the saga!!!!! the United States actress gives the original no acolade to the ORIGINAL VERSION!!

- LENA FLORES,

• lena flores says:

us vesion will never comepete with the orinal!!!!!!!

- lena flores,

• N. S. says:

Liked the 1st and 3rd, too much useless sex in 2nd. Stick to thriller. bordered on usless sex too in 1st novel. We get she was messed up, but most wild young girls sleep with young men, sorry old men its true.

- N. S.,

• lillydebest says:

look like its good cnt wait 2 star readin it

- lillydebest,

• C.A.O says:

Impressed with the book series I sat down and watched the movies, and I have to admit I am impressed. Bravo

- C.A.O,

• Jeanette says:

I just couln’t get enough of The Girl who played with Fire, it was really a great book! I can also say this about the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, which I also saw the movie. I am looking forward to reading The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest!!

The books were so hard to put down and when I was nearing the ending I didn’t wan to book to end.

- Jeanette,

• Jeanette says:

- Jeanette,

• Pat Robair says:

I am reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo……I am so glad it is a trilogy because I would hate for it to end with just one book!

- Pat Robair,

• Pat Robair says:

- Pat Robair,

• Karen Hive says:

The book didn’t end until the first few chapters of the third book.

With apprehension, I suspended my natural inclination towards disbelief for the first book and most of the second, but when Lisbeth, while standing in a forest, suddenly understands the proof for Fermat’s Theoram, I had to draw the line.

While the characters are interesting and have depth, the translation makes the prose come across as low grade fan fiction.

- Karen Hive,

• Name/signature, says:

70 Kindle — You are with it. — Keep staying that Way

- Herbert207,

• Karen Hive says:

The book didn’t end until the first few chapters of the third book.

- Karen Hive,

• Name/signature, says:

The books are sensational, since all fiction descriptions are happening in present world.They do seem the gen of other famous novels which, in spite of also being bet sellers, have absolutely impossible stories in such little time…

- Durval,

• Janet Couture, NC says:

I am hooked! Loved Girl with the Dragon Tatoo but The Girl Who Played with Fire is awesome. Almost finished. Can’t stop listening to the audiobook.

- Janet Couture, NC,

• Janet Couture, NC says:

- Janet Couture, NC,

• BladeRunner, says:

Great comment, “I miss the tiny island, and all that coffee…”. My sentiments exactly. I love these books, I’m almost done with “The Girl Who Played with Fire”. I sorrow because I know that this great story will end.

- willjr29,

• SONYA BROWN says:

I JUST FINISHED THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATOO., IT WAS VERYCOMPELLING WITH THE EUROPEAN STYLE OF THE SETTIND.. I FOUND WORDS IN THIS BOOK THAT I NEVER HEARD OF, SO, IT WAS A VERY EDUCATIONAL READ ALSO.

- SONYA BROWN,

• SONYA BROWN says:

- SONYA BROWN,

• Erin Milligan says:

Finshed The Girl Who Played With Fire last night! I read the last 300 pages in less than 24 hours, I just couldn’t put it down! Now I gotta go get The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest asap!

- Erin Milligan,

• Erin Milligan says:

- Erin Milligan,

• Adrian Zenuni, says:

Just wait until you read The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest.

- BladeRunner,

• Adriano Siqueira says:

Just finished the first book and it was great! Now heading to the bookstore for the 2nd…

- Adriano Siqueira,

• Adriano Siqueira says:

- Adriano Siqueira,

• C. O says:

I finished both the first and the second book in two days and I didn’t do anything else but read, (I nearly even forgot to eat a couple of times) . I want to start the third but I know I won’t be able to put it down.

- C. O,

• C. O says:

- C. O,

• Durval, says:

Can you give me a message or the whole plot or meaning of book

- Adrian Zenuni,

• Vahid, says:

- willjr29,

• Kelly Alex S says:

I see how this guy could literally try and make this girl out to be really promiscuous, if thats the case, maybe this sick pervert should try and help her, and get her help instead of speculating her life, for the world to see…for judgement. Thou shalt not cast stones.

- Kelly Alex S,

• Kelly Alex S says:

- Kelly Alex S,

the whole series is juz amazing!! I luved it!!

the whole series is juz amazing!! I luved it!!

• melinda Lu says:

I also like the 2nd book best, too. The third is good, but Lisbeth doesn’t have much to do.

- melinda Lu,

• Fan says:

I like second book too

- Fan,

• Prerna Singh says:

D book is seriously outstanding……i jst luved d whole plot…..hats off to d buk

- Prerna Singh,

• aletta c f bucknall says:

i have read the girl with the dragon tattoo and the girl who kicked the hornest nest i have enjoyed it i can recomend both and if you never have read in your life do read this as they are the most spellbinding never to put down to last page books in years i have read

- aletta c f bucknall,

• Adrian Zenuni says:

Somebody can give me the meaning,message of this book because i need to read and to send to my teacher Please ?????

- Adrian Zenuni,