The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest

“The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” is the third and final novel in Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy and was published in 2007.

It received The Glass Key Award form Crime Writers of Scandinavia in 2008.
According to figures from June 2011, the Millennium Trilogy has together sold 60 million copies in more than 50 countries.

Plot summary

Two seriously injured people arrive at the emergency ward of the Sahlgrensa hospital in Gothenburg. One is the wanted murderer Lisbeth Salander who has taken a bullet to the head and needs immediate surgery, the other is Alexander Zalachenko, an older man who Lisbeth has attacked with an axe.

In this third novel in the Millennium trilogy, Lisbeth is planning her revenge against the men The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nestwho tried to kill her, and even more importantly, revenge against the government which nearly destroyed her life. But first she must escape from the intensive care unit and exculpate her name from the charges of murder that hangs over her head.

In order to succeed with the latter, Lisbeth will need the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist. He is writing an exposing article that will shake the Swedish government, the secret service and the whole country by its foundations. Finally there is a chance for Lisbeth Salander to put her past behind her and finally there is a chance for truth and justice to prevail.

1,005 comments on “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest”

• Catherina Blomkvist says:

it’s the best book i’ve ever read! It was really amazing, and when i was reading it I couldn’t sleep a few weeks!! i am a fan of Lisbeth Slander .. I haven’t read the thirth book yet but i want to read as soon as possible take .

- Catherina Blomkvist,

• greta herzberg portland oregon us says:

I love these books, i am rady for last,

. Wonderfull

- greta herzberg portland oregon us,

• EDDIE ANDERSON,SCOTLAND says:

the 1st 2 movies were fantastic..when does no.3 come out on dvd in the uk.???

- EDDIE ANDERSON,SCOTLAND,

• kathleen says:

when does the third film actually come out in the UK? does anyone know?

- kathleen,

• joyce says:

The story starts with the man/wife, a tropical storm. What is the connection with the rest of the book…have i missed something

Loved all the books…too bad there was not enough of Lisbeth in the third book.

- joyce,

what is the price

- Name/signature,

• Hope W. says:

An exhilarating read that will have you up all night and running to the store in your robe for the next book.

- Hope W.,

well the books r addication will only be able stop after the final page turned over…….

• jos says:

When is the movie coming out

- jos,

• Helene, says:

me either ;( I am half way through, did he write all of book three before he died?

• Flavour Flav, says:

there really isnt a connection to them at all, the husband and wife part was all to shows what kind if person salander is. She knew that the husband was another abuser. there was not much more to it.

• Holly says:

I want more!

- Holly,

• M Rook says:

This is by far one of the most intense mysteries I have read in years. It reminds me of a well composed musical piece that starts of very slowly and then the beat gets faster, louder, and more intense until the end.

I hesitated initially to read this series but so glad that I did.

- M Rook,

• Elena Sicoli says:

I truly enjoyed your first two books. I can’twait to get the third one.

- Elena Sicoli,

This triology has got me on my toes, longing for more Lisbest Salander, mystery, and sex.

• Leticia says:

I looove the trilogy. i really like stieg larsson’s books they are my favorite on booklist.

- Leticia,

• ANN says:

WAS IT MENTIONED IN THE BOOK LISBETH WAS PERHAPS AUTISTIC

- ANN,

• Alison Mordell, clinical therapist, says:

Hi! Who is the author of “Child 44?, and “The secret speach”?

• Alison Mordell says:

I read all three books and did not want the third to end. They were thrilling, exciting, breath taking and a wonderful read.

The casting of Noomi Repace was the best thing that ever happened to Swedish TV. She was positively brilliant as Lisbeth. Just perfect edge, humour etc.

- Alison Mordell,

• King Mojo14 says:

I sooo love Lisbeth Salander’s character. . .I’ve read all three books and I just wish Steig Larsson is still alive and will continue to amuse us with all this crazy, thrilling but surprising plot…Is it really true that they are making an American version movie of this trilogy? …… =)

- King Mojo14,

I do not believe she was autistic. She was so acutely traumatised that TRUSTING anyone “normal” was not possible and eventually just difficult. That is a normal outcome. Her photographic memory was not necessarily a symptom of Autism although some Autistic kids have very specific extraordinary skills Lisbeth formed relationships with various on the edge characters.

- Alison Mordell, clinical therapist,

• Rin says:

Just crossed the 100 page mark in ‘The Girl who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest’… am soooo sad while I’m reading it, as I know this is the final book in the Millennium trilogy, and I really don’t want the series to end!

I have the versions published by Quercus. The Knopf version has the title as ‘The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest’. So which is the correct one; singular or plural — hornet’s or hornets’?

- Rin,

• Aradhana, India says:

Cant stop reading it!! Brilliant is an understatement.

- Aradhana, India,

#real talk

• Jules, Cumbria says:

Loved all of the Millennium trilogy books to the point where I can’t wait to go to bed so I can carry on reading. Am very nearly finished the Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest but had to force myself to go to sleep last night in order to get up for work today. Read these books, you won’t regret it.

- Jules, Cumbria,

• vaco says:

realm g!loved all.special 3rd one ,unique.untraped. or looming .hr.how?why me?thank you very much.much appreciated. certainly .keep propel.

- vaco,

• Aiden says:

To bad they dint end up together :3

- Aiden,

there’s not only that, but it is also an expression. what do you expect would come from kicking a hornet’s nest? a whole bunch of pissed of hornets. she does not literally kick a hornet’s nest; it means she is testing fate.

- emmmmaz,

who did you order it through?

- NMCG,

bra boak

• pretty>>phils says:

i love his books!stieg is so amaziing

- pretty>>phils,

• Ria says:

what is the price of this book?

- Ria,

• Name/signature, says:

you just gave it away, I hadn’t finished the book yet

• Mixangor says:

This book is AWESOME.I made sure all my friends read it.

- Mixangor,

• Richard Griffiths(Welsh Celt) says:

At the moment I am reading the third volume of the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I am thoroughly enjoying the books.

I want to bring your attention to an historical error in the introductory part of The Girl Who Knocked the Hornets Nest. It is stated there that Boudicca, (Buddug in Welsh) was English. In fact,

at the time of the Roman conquest there was no such place as England, the English did not exist. At the time Britain was ruled by the Celts or Britons (Brythoniaid in Welsh). The English appeared on the scene much later in history.

I cannot tell whether this error was made by the author Stieg Larsson, or was made during translation into English by Reg Keeland.

However, if another edition is published, please make sure that this historical error is rectified.

- Richard Griffiths(Welsh Celt),

• ShayDee says:

Simply amazing…the entire series…flawless!

- ShayDee,

• Amazing, Amazing books. Couldn't put all three of them down.
    - Julia Harmel, South Africa,

• what more to say but entertaining, riveting, and I want more.
    - Chris,

• I have been looking for this book everywhere, but have not met :(
    - dian,

• mutoro
    - interesting book.

• I like the books they are brilliantly done
    - ,

• IT IS REALLY INTERESTING
    - MARJORIE

• Awesome.
    - NItchi,

• Susan Thompson says:

I just eagerly read "Girl Who Takes an Eye For an Eye" and discovered it wasn' t written by Stieg Larsson and am wondering why? Though it was written by another, It pretty much folowed the Girl. And as excitibg as were the Trilogy they took on a thriller writers account. There is more of Lisbet but Mikael is just barely mentioned. I liked the trillogy due to the interaction between the two unlikely joining. After all Lisbet saves Mikaels life, it is even mentioned to that fact in the Eye for an Eye. Mikael is the constant in the "girl" books in my mind. He is the sanity with the bang fir the buck if she should need.

• 1 4 5 6