The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest

“The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” is the third and final novel in Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy and was published in 2007.

It received The Glass Key Award form Crime Writers of Scandinavia in 2008.
According to figures from June 2011, the Millennium Trilogy has together sold 60 million copies in more than 50 countries.

Plot summary

Two seriously injured people arrive at the emergency ward of the Sahlgrensa hospital in Gothenburg. One is the wanted murderer Lisbeth Salander who has taken a bullet to the head and needs immediate surgery, the other is Alexander Zalachenko, an older man who Lisbeth has attacked with an axe.

In this third novel in the Millennium trilogy, Lisbeth is planning her revenge against the men The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nestwho tried to kill her, and even more importantly, revenge against the government which nearly destroyed her life. But first she must escape from the intensive care unit and exculpate her name from the charges of murder that hangs over her head.

In order to succeed with the latter, Lisbeth will need the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist. He is writing an exposing article that will shake the Swedish government, the secret service and the whole country by its foundations. Finally there is a chance for Lisbeth Salander to put her past behind her and finally there is a chance for truth and justice to prevail.

1,005 comments on “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest”

• Maite from Spain says:

I’ve red it in Spanish, it’s very good. I think that it’s the best of the three. It resolves any misteries that there were at the end of the second book.

- Maite from Spain,

• Kristin from Montana, USA says:

I must find a copy of this! I can almost not wait to find out what goes on next!

- Kristin from Montana, USA,

• Mary from Australia says:

Loved the first two, am desperately waiting for the third!!

- Mary from Australia,

• Diane from Canada says:

I came across the first book in January in Malta, was thrilled to find the 2nd in Rome in April. It is almost worth the airfare to Europe to get the third in the series. How sad that there will be no more from this talented writer.

- Diane from Canada,

• Sandra from Ireland says:

Stieg Larsson – MASTER story teller. He is sadly missed.

- Sandra from Ireland,

• Di says:

I loved the first and second books in the triology. Read more than half of the second one on a 14 hour train trip from Brisbane to Sydney. Can’t wait for the 3rd. Bring it on !!

Di from Australia

- Di,

• Pete Branston says:

Just finished the other two. So cleverly written. Salander beautifully drawn as someone with ASD. Though I felt the translation left a bit to be desired. But what a tremendous achievement. Such a tragedy that SL died so young. Second book, unbelievably, better that the first.

- Pete Branston,

• Grog,Gordons Bay,South Africa says:

Unbelievable reading.Possibly the best books I have ever read.Can’t wait for the final in the trilogy.

- Grog,Gordons Bay,South Africa,

• susannah archer werner says:

I read the first book.. excellent and am anxiously awaiting for the 2nd to be released by Amazon in three days. So sad to hear Mr. Larsson passed away. His writing is brilliant and such a refreshing change .. he will be missed

- susannah archer werner,

• Fredrik Bergström, Seattle WA says:

Read all three novels in swedish and can echo everybodies sentiment; one simpy can’t put the books down and rest. I read the whole trilogy in a week, mostly nights as work got in the way. These books will be as powerful to read a second, third & fourth time as the first. I can’t wait to get the books in english so my wife can read them and understand what those sleepless nights reading was all about.

I must thank my cousin for sending me these books to keep practicing my swedish.

Yet another fantastic Swedish export! Sadly no more books to look forward to.

- Fredrik Bergström, Seattle WA,

• myfeo says:

The books are great, but I hate the publicity.

Result: the books are not that great.

- myfeo,

• Kelly, Montreal, Canada says:

Hi, Anna. I read today that the next book will be issued in English in October. Not that long of a wait! :)

- Kelly, Montreal, Canada,

Does anyone know when the last part of this trilogy will be translated into English? I just can’t wait for it. First two parts were amaizing. I hope the third part will be as good as the first and second one.

Best wishes for all fans of Lisbeth and Mikael :)

Anna, Wroclaw, Poland

• Yvonne, Atlanta, Georgia USA says:

Is Castles in the Sky really the new title for the 3rd book? I’m not sure what was wrong with the “The Girl ____” theme of the first 2 books. I’ve really enjoyed the series so far!

- Yvonne, Atlanta, Georgia USA,

Hey people. This trillogy is so amazing

• T C Finer says:

I picked the first two up at the airport. Been on holiday for a week and finished them both. A truly fantastic, unputdownable duo. Salander is without doubt the greatest character ever to grace the pages of a crime novel.

- T C Finer,

• M. D. Benoit says:

Read it in French. The translation is atrocious, the story full of holes. Overall, a disappointing trilogy. It’s a great story but it needs an incredible amount of editing.

- M. D. Benoit,

For those still waiting for the 3rd book to be released, you might want to try the first 2 unabridged audiobooks – you can get them online from Audible. The 2nd one in particular is beautifully read! It’s bridged a bit of a gap until October!

• Kim UK says:

I have just read the first 2 books and loved them, when does the third book come out in english???

- Kim UK,

• Lili from Paris, France says:

One of the best books I’ve ever read. i’m finishing the third one right now (in French, I live in Paris) and WOW, it’s so awesome.

Lisbeth Salander is just my favourite character EVER.

I went to see the first movie today, and must say it was not bad. I expected to be really disappointed, but actually I wasn’t – once I got used to the actors, which didn’t match the characters as I imagined them, obviously !

Thumbs up, Stieg.

- Lili from Paris, France,

• Judy Goldsmith says:

After listening to and be completely enthralled by The Girl With The Dragon Tatto, I researched Larssen and learned of his sudden death. I have mourned him every since.

Salander is a marvelous character who is amazingly conceived.

I’m now reading The Girl Who Play with Fire. Savoring every word and so looking forward to third in the trilogy.

The world has lost a brilliant voice in the crime genre.

- Judy Goldsmith,

• G. Bourne says:

What can I say. I can’t wait to read castles in the sky.

My lifestyle has changed since I stumbled across Steig Larson. Every spare moment has been spent reading which is most unual for me!

The down side is there is a lot of computer speak which went over my head but I was willing to skip those bits.

- G. Bourne,

• Judy Goldsmith says:

Salander is a marvelous character who is amazingly conceived.

The world has lost a brilliant voice in the crime genre.

- Judy Goldsmith,

• Cindy from Dallas says:

When will this be released? I just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire… can’t wait for the next (and sadly, the last) in the series…

- Cindy from Dallas,

• Cindy from Dallas says:

- Cindy from Dallas,

• Eleanor from Toronto says:

Never in my life have I read two books by the same author back-to-back – I have always needed “a break” in between by a different author. Until now! Finished the first and immediately ran out to buy The Girl Who Played With Fire. And I would run out immediately to buy the third, not even having finished the second, were it available in Canada.

- Eleanor from Toronto,

• Eleanor from Toronto says:

- Eleanor from Toronto,

• Nadine from Chesterfeild, UK says:

I have never been so caught up in a book! I could not put the books down and am desparate for the last one. Lisbeth is a brilliant character.

- Nadine from Chesterfeild, UK,

• Greg from Baltimore says:

These are two of the best books I have ever read. Please publish Hornet’s Nest in English ASAP. I just finished Played With Fire and am going through withdrawal.

- Greg from Baltimore,

• Kenneth from Zimbabwe says:

Just finished the second book, The Girl Who played With Fire.. What a read! I was completey blown away and am now looking for the third in the trilogy.

- Kenneth from Zimbabwe,

• Stephanie from Chicago says:

Please hurry to get The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest in English…I am dying to know what happens to LIsbeth!! I finished The Girl Who Played with Fire overnight…need my next fix!

- Stephanie from Chicago,

• Nadine from Chesterfeild, UK says:

- Nadine from Chesterfeild, UK,

• Greg from Baltimore says:

- Greg from Baltimore,

• Kenneth from Zimbabwe says:

- Kenneth from Zimbabwe,

• Stephanie from Chicago says:

- Stephanie from Chicago,

• Jean, from Canada, says:

Utterly outstanding! A truly extraordinary story — brilliantly told to the point that you feel you’re right there. There are not enough superlatives to describe Mr. Larsson’s work. Please, can we have Hornet’s Nest this year….

- Jean, from Canada,,

• Jean, from Canada, says:

- Jean, from Canada,,

• deensy says:

The 3rd book will be released in the UK

- deensy,

• Ursula Sasse says:

Just completed both books back to back and popped onto the website to find out about the third book. Please please get it printed in English asap. What an incredible author Mr Lasson was. I am truly looking forward to the third book.

- Ursula – Canada, 5 August 2009

- Ursula Sasse,

• Hazel – South Africa says:

- Hazel – South Africa,

• HB Surfer says:

I am going to pick up my studies of Swedish, which I discontinued in 1965. ‘Bout time, and this time for a good reason: I am not entirely happy with the translations. I used to be good with languages. Time to find out if I still have what it takes. This series is just great!

- HB Surfer,

• Karen in the UK says:

I’ve just finished the first two books back to back and now I’m totally hooked on Lisabeth Salander.

Not many guys can write a female character so convincingly.

I can’t wait till October to find out what she does next in ‘Hornets’ Nest’. Just great stories!

- Karen in the UK,

• Jamie South Wales UK says:

I cannot belive that this amazing write died before his books made it big!! I’m so gutted that there will be no more of these books and characters …

- Jamie South Wales UK,

• Eli says:

Why are they so late with the English version??? somebody knows the reason? thanks

- Eli,

• Abel Morán says:

To Lena,

1-”Los hombres que no amaban a las mujeres”

2-”La chica que soñaba con una cerilla y un bidón de gasolina”

3-”La reina en el palacio de las corrientes de aire”

- Abel Morán,

• Lena L says:

Does anybody know what the titles are in Spanish? I have read the first 2 in Danish I have seen one in Spain but cannot remember the title. From what I could understand it looked like the Girl with the green dragon tatoo.

- Lena L,

• Monica says:

Does anyone know when “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest will be available in the U.S.?

- Monica,

Cannot wait for the third book, what an amazing author!

• mimi says:

This is like Harry Potter for grown-ups…anxiously awaiting the next volume. Maybe we should dress up at Lisabeth when the third book is released!!

- mimi,

• Charlene says:

I echo the other readers. Love, love, love his first two books and was very disappointed to learn the last in the trilogy won’t be out until October in the states.

Am spreading the word on Stieg Larsson. His talents are missed already.

- Charlene,

• sydney, Hawaii says:

Does anyone know when the third book is going to come out in the U.S.

- sydney, Hawaii,

• Federico says:

I just finished all the books. They are truly amazing, specially the last one.

Federico, Pamplona 08-08-09

- Federico,

• Sharon, Ireland. says:

Why do we have to wait soooo long for the English translation?! Maybe I will attempt to learn Spanish or Dutch uber quickly!!! Hurry up!!

- Sharon, Ireland.,

I’M RE REREADING “THE GIRL WHO PLAYED WITH FIRE” TO FILL IN TIME BEFORE OCTOBER. CAN’T WE HAVE IT SOONER

• Melissa. Melbourne, Australia says:

I am desperate to read this 3rd book but in a way I don’t want to read it because once it’s read then it’s all over. No more. After reading the first 2 books the anticipation of getting my hands on the 3rd is huge.

- Melissa. Melbourne, Australia,

• Jeanna TX says:

This series kicks butt! I can’t wait for October!! Hurry up and get here!

- Jeanna TX,

• dar says:

quick…the next book in english…i need a fix

- dar,

• Kat says:

Amazon states it will be available on Oct 31, 2009 – however, they have not allowed pre-orders yet, which I have found means that the release date could change! Lets hope it’s the 31st, I don’t want to wait much longer!!!

- Kat,

• TG, Ohio says:

Wow, just finished the girl who played with fire — great read. Was happy to find this site to give me insight on translation and release of ‘hornets nest’ — after searching the library site for 20 minutes! This author will be missed, I really like his writing style!

- TG, Ohio,

Just finished reading the “Girl who played with fire” I dare say I couldn’t put it down after I started reading it. Larsson is in the league of the best writers of today. I look forward to the english version of “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’s Nest. I wish he would have lived longer to write more books!

• Renee, Pr Geo Canada says:

I hope hope hope the movies are sub titled into englsh. we don’t need any hollywood superstars to redo the movies. i would love to see the swedish version. Also i haven’t been able to find the third book in english yet but i keep watching. These are better than a great novel they are classic and i believe will be talked about and read about for a long long time.

- Renee, Pr Geo Canada,

• bonita villa says:

Am very excited #3 is coming and that it has “the girl” in the title. talk about a cliff hanger!!!! #2 left me in a lurch. I love Salander and listened to #2 on cd–the reader is excellent. Bonny, August 9, ’09

- bonita villa,

• Sherry Cox says:

I just finished Larsson’s first two books, and they are awesome. Now I’ll have to wait 2-3 months until his last one comes out in the U.S. I did have difficulty at first keeping up with the similar Swedish names, but Larsson does a good job of “reminding” the reader just who is who. What intricately-woven plots, twists & turns! Readers might also enjoy The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg; I’m eagerly anticipating her book The Preacher, due out in paperback early in September.

- Sherry Cox,

• Vicki says:

I just finished The Girl Who Played With Fire. I understand Lisabeth Salander a little more & I totally think she’s rocks! It’s probably unfair to say, but I really hope they do not make any movies, these books are a readers dream…

- Vicki,

• ChapelHill says:

Just finished reading the girl who played with fire…now Im regretting not reading it slower and will have to wait too long for the third book. Lisbeth truly kicks ass

- ChapelHill,

Going to listen to the audio of The Girl Who Played… again. I found all the swedish names confusing. I didn’t know who was who. I know the owner of the security firm, the male lead, the attorneys in Lisabeth’s life, but all the police names (and others) I couldn’t get a good grasp of. Craftidoll

• Craftidoll says:

To Caseydarling:

We waited 7 extra months for The Girl Who Played…, so be prepared for a longer wait than October. To sooth your nerves, try the audiobook series by George R. R. Martin, with Roy Doltrice narrating. You won’t be able to put those down either. Hope that you’ve tried audios because they are the ONLY way to go. Have fun. Craftidoll

- Craftidoll,

• Caseydarling says:

I have hardly been able to function while reading The Girl Who Played with Fire. AMAZING!!! RIP Stieg your talents were cut short too soon. I’m having a hard time having to wait until the end of October for the 3rd book. Does anyone have any suggestions of other books that might hold a candle to these?

- Caseydarling,

• Dru Ferguson says:

I’ve just finished reading Stieg’s second book. His books are difficult to put down! I’m looking forward to the last of the trilogy — does anyone know when that will be available?

Dru Ferguson, Amarillo, Tx

- Dru Ferguson,

• Melissa, TX says:

Shock and awe. The first two books were amazing. I am twiddling my thumbs for the next one.

- Melissa, TX, /em>

• Dru Ferguson says:

Dru Ferguson, Amarillo, Tx

- Dru Ferguson,

• Teresa N Trenton MI says:

Thanks to who ever translated these books into English. Two of the most powerful books I have read in a long time. Stieg makes amazing characters that I come to admire, love and hate. I am waiting patiently for the third book, not really, but I hope it is only a triliogy and this “Mysterious” 4th book was on something completely different. Sadness abounds when a writer of this caliber leaves our world, such a loss.

- Teresa N Trenton MI,

• Bernardine – Ireland says:

Have read first 2 books – twice !! – and waiting for the 3rd in the series….. when I will put the triology on my “books I want to keep” shelf !! Roll on October – don’t know if I particularly want to see the movie – maybe that’s just me! Steig Larsson RIP.

- Bernardine – Ireland,

• Rui Sá says:

Quando lês um livro e não consegues interromper a sua leitura porque queres saber o que vai acontecer em seguida, só pode significar que o autor conseguiu criar uma história brilhante. Stieg conseguiu este feito pot 3 vezes e não tivesse a sua vida interrompida poderia continuar a prender-nos às suas histórias. Brilhante…

- Rui Sá,

• Lisbeth Falander says:

I have just finished the 2nd book and I just started reading the 3rd one, although the last one hasn’t come out in USA yet, the 3rd will be available in 2010. Luckily a friend brought me the last one from Spain, good thing I’m bilingual!!!

- Lisbeth Falander,

• Susan Mason-Milks says:

For the person who was interested in who did the translation, here’s a link to an article in the Seattle Times about that person. http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/books/2009626470_litlife10.html

- Susan Mason-Milks,

• Rui Sá says:

- Rui Sá,

• Lisbeth Falander says:

- Lisbeth Falander,

• Susan Mason-Milks says:

- Susan Mason-Milks,

• The Girl with the Fish Tattoo says:

The first is beautifully sewn together and I have yet to start the second book. I am still very anxious for the arrival of the third book. Why wait until 2010?

- The Girl with the Fish Tattoo,

• Rebecca says:

Please, where can I get this book? I can’t wait for Jan 10

- Rebecca,

• The Girl with the Fish Tattoo says:

- The Girl with the Fish Tattoo,

• Rebecca says:

Please, where can I get this book? I can’t wait for Jan 10

- Rebecca,

Amazing writer, evocative characters and great translator! Deepest sympathy to Larsson’s friends & family.

• Allison- Chapel Hill, NC, USA says:

Loved both books, and am sad Steig Larsson is gone. Why does it take so long to get the books out in English? Amazon needs to get the third book to fans as soon as possible. Wish there were more modern writers as good as Larsson and even though I didn’t know him I miss his work already. Any suggestions from other readers for new reading?

- Allison- Chapel Hill, NC, USA,

• Allison- Chapel Hill, NC, USA says:

- Allison- Chapel Hill, NC, USA,

• Susan Glenn, Portland OR says:

The first two books are my treasured reads of the summer! Knowing that there is only one book left I tried to read the second book as slowly as I could. I read the last sentence with a bit of sadness knowing I have to wait until next year for the third book. What a tragedy that Stieg Larsson died, for he was such a gifted author. I hope the fourth book will be completed in a way that honors his gift.

- Susan Glenn, Portland OR,

• Liana, Pretoria South Africa says:

Stieg Larsson …a word magician, RIP. Thank you for these incredible books , amazing plot and of course Lisbeth Salander.. the anticipation and waiting for hornets nest will be savoured.

- Liana, Pretoria South Africa,

• Lillian, Oktaha, OK, USA says:

Just finished the second book and I am eagerly waiting the next one. I think Lisbeth Salander is an excellent character. I am sorry about Stieg Larssons passing. He was an excellent author.

- Lillian, Oktaha, OK, USA,

• Pekka Turunen says:

I am Finnish and i had read the 3rd book! 3rd book had translated here in 2008.”Pilvilinna joka romahti” Finnish translation :D

- Pekka Turunen,

• sadhbh o neill says:

finished the 2nd book ‘girl who played with fire’ on my 2nd last day of holidays…………..amazing read but ruined the last day of hols……can a book be too good????????????

- sadhbh o neill,

• Frances SH says:

I am from Singapore. I had read the 1st 2 books, and I am now hungry for the release for the 3rd and last book of this millennium series(so sad to know that Steig Larsson died in such a early age). I think he is one of the best thriller’s author in this century.

- Frances SH,

• Gloria Raponi says:

I live in Monterey, California and have read the first two of the trilogy from Stieg Larsson. I have never read anything so breathtaking and marvelous as these two books. Of course, I can’t wait for the final of the trilogy. His characters are so marvelous! How said that we longer have such a marvelous author with us.

- Gloria Raponi,

My daughter brought home the first two books from Europe and left them for me to read this summer. Just finished the 2nd book and my heart is still pounding!!!!Can’t wait to read “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest” Secretly wish I was like Ms. Salander;)

• Jenna Wenzel says:

I can’t wait for the next book to come out…I am in love with all of the characters

- Jenna Wenzel,

just finished the second book…one of the best books i have read! i was on the edge of my seat the entire time!

• Lisbeth the Sexpot says:

Stieg’s sexpot “wife” got screwed. She got nothing.

- Lisbeth the Sexpot,

• Lisbeth Humper says:

The English translation of Book III will be available to order from Amazon.co.uk October 1st, 2009. You could be reading it in about 40 days.

- Lisbeth Humper,

• Sally , Chicago USA says:

Just finished book 1 and 2. Could not put them down. Where did below readers get a hold of book 3 ?????????? Will pay more to have NOW!!!!!

But it must be in English.

- Sally , Chicago USA,

• Sande Bronsberg USA says:

Where is the third book for the USA? I am just finishing up the second. I would like to complete soon. Please Help. Sande Bronsberg. USA

- Sande Bronsberg USA,

• Jacquie says:

Amazon.co.uk are releasing the this on 1 October – you can pre-order it now!

- Jacquie,

• Jacquie says:

Amazon.co.uk are releasing the this on 1 October – you can pre-order it now!

- Jacquie,

• Mariolga, Miami-Fl says:

It’s been a while since I read a good book. I breezed through the first one and I’m almost done with the second one. I’m already looking for the 3rd and can’t find it in the US. Hopefully it will come out soon

- Mariolga, Miami-Fl,

• MS, UK says:

To those who are patiently waiting, you are in for a treat. I finished it last night (in Spanish) and I don?t know what to do with myself now! I cannot find anything else to match the suspense!

- MS, UK,

• Anders, Dublin Ireland says:

Just finished reading the two books back to back, the first time I’ve polished off 1000 pages in less than 2 weeks in God knows how long. Just the best edge of your seat stuff imaginable. Getting withdrawal just thinking about a whole month’s wait for the next one! Stieg, you are a legend, you’ve left an amazing legacy.

- Anders, Dublin Ireland,

• Ali B, Melbourne AUS says:

I have just ordered The third book (Hornet’s Nest), can’t wait to start reading!!

- Ali B, Melbourne AUS,

• NMCG, says:

If you have read The Girl Who Played With Fire you would know as it makes a direct reference to ‘the hornet’s nest’

- Murk,

• V.B. says:

I just finished the first 2 books, couldn’t put them down!! I can’t wait until the last one comes to Canada in english!!!

- V.B.,

• V.B. says:

- V.B.,

• debs ireland says:

salander is so cool why cant stieg be here so very sad

- debs ireland,

• koga says:

I would like to know if the english version is already available. Because I’m desperate to know what happened with Salander.

- koga,

• koga says:

- koga,

• Cheryl MN says:

I heard that the 3rd book ( hornet’s nest) will be released in English in the US and UK in Oct 2009. Here’s hoping that my info is correct!! Looking VERY forward to the final book.

- Cheryl MN,

the first two novels I read by Stieg Larsson have convinced me that he is/was(sadly) a writer of incomparable talent. I enjoyed them absolutely and completely. I eagerly await the third book in the Millenium Series. If you have not had the pleasure of reading these works, you are in for a treat when you do read them. I look forward to reading the “Hornet’s Nest” third book in the series. I am a committed fan of the Stieg Larsson fan club!!

• Nena Retamal says:

Great book…great…i`m so sad i did not want to finish because nothing is comming now :(

- Nena Retamal,

• A.Arcangelo says:

These books are amazing! I love the sassy Lisbeth Salander. Can’t wait for the finale!

- A.Arcangelo,

• Anthony says:

i ve read the third one in French beacause i could not wait. It is the best one !!! faboulous!!!!

- Anthony,

• w12 says:

I don’t read a lot of books but do enjoy a good thriller and the first two in this trilogy are amazing, well done Stieg! Eagerly awaiting the third…

- w12,

• Lamin says:

I’ve just finished reading “The Girl Who Played with Fire”, and can’t wait to read the third of the series. I must admit I wasn’t pulled into this series easily… I found the first few pages of “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” slow-going and hard to read. Then, suddenly, I couldn’t put it down! A unique character, and a well-plotted story line. How sad that “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” is the last from this talented author.

- Lamin,

• L C, says:

Unfortunately, he died after submitting the three novels to his publisher.

- Lynn,

• Joe, Florida, US says:

Amazon has The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest for sale on it’s US site with a publish date of 5/4/09– ARG!! Wish it was sooner!!

- Joe, Florida, US,

• Marie, San Antonio, TX, says:

Do you ever know why it takes such a long time ?

- J.Girauld,

• Joe, Florida, US, says:

Amazon has it listed on its UK site with a publication date of 10/1/09– 26 days

- lucky you, I have to wait until MAY 2010!

Great books! As a Dyslexic person i hope Audible gets the third book out as an audio book as soon as possible!

Any idea when the girl who kicked is coming out in Ireland? Lisbeth is something else, but dont think she’s the sort of chic to take out for a drink. Great 2 books so far. Atomosphere created by Stieg makes me want to go and spend time in Sweden. Allso the detective series Wallander (swedish version on bb3 i think) is interesting…john

I too struggled with the first few pages of The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, but then once I got used to the strange sounding Swedish towns and names, I was totally engrossed! Really enjoyed both books and roll on 1st of October for, sady, the final instalment.

- L C,

• Adam says:

There should be 10 books about “The Girl Who…” series. Well, that’s what the rumor was about but he passed away before he complete it all. I think there were outlines for all the other books though… Hope it could somehow get published.

I love all three of his books. He’s was an excellent writer!

- Adam,

• ~Jules says:

My brain is humming after reading “The Girl Who Played with Fire”. Lisbeth is an exceptional person and I could almost feel her pain and Kalle Blomkvist… Hahaha…

I cannot wait to read the third book. I wish there were more books though. If it’s out in the US, it’ll probably take 8 months to a year to reach Malaysia.

Rest in peace Stieg Larsson. *sighs*

- ~Jules,

• P. Dunsmuir says:

I can’t wait!!! I have read ( and I mean never putting either book down,,Dragon and Fire books.) I want to begin right away on the third book. Hooray for Lisbeth Salander and Steig Larsson. What a huge loss that Steig Larsson has passed away! I am buying and keeping these books.

I will read and reread them .

- P. Dunsmuir,

• Kathryn, California says:

Why wait 7 months? I plan to buy it in October from amazon.co.uk. They will happily ship to the US. I bought GWPWF months before it was released in the States…

- Kathryn, California,

• Diane Streff, Evanston, IL USA says:

I can’t wait for the third book. I read The Girl Who Played With Fire in two days. I’m going to reread it now at a much more relaxed pace. He was an amazing author and the literary world has a large void in it now.

- Diane Streff, Evanston, IL USA,

• Shasha says:

These books are AMAZING! I’m just waiting for the third book to be released in Singapore. It’s a must read. Definitely!

- Shasha,

• P. Dunsmuir says:

I will read and reread them .

- P. Dunsmuir,

• Kathryn, California says:

- Kathryn, California,

• mark of new york says:

how clever of Stieg to separate this story into two complete novels_ now I MUST go buy the third to find resolution of the second!

- mark of new york,

• Marie Duffin says:

I cannot WAIT to read this book; just finished the first and second ones. They are absolutely the best books I have read in a very long time.

- Marie Duffin,

• Tim in Darwin says:

Can anyone tell me when this book is available for sale in Australia?

- Tim in Darwin,

yes they are making the movie in the USA. it actually comes out in December!

• Abra edelman says:

when will the third book be available in the United States?

- Abra edelman,

• mark of new york says:

- mark of new york,

• Marie Duffin says:

- Marie Duffin,

• Tim in Darwin says:

Can anyone tell me when this book is available for sale in Australia?

- Tim in Darwin,

i dont know it is shaped like a SIM card but there is something in the corner

• S. Gidi says:

I can’t wait for this to be available in the US. The first two books are wonderful.

How awful that the author has died.

- S. Gidi,

• Abra edelman says:

when will the third book be available in the United States?

- Abra edelman,

• S. Gidi says:

How awful that the author has died.

- S. Gidi,

Best Read ever!! I am now sailing through the second and wondering when we get the third…and wish there were more

Carrie Crotty

Antigua

• J. Crowson says:

These are the only books I recommend to my friends! Can’t wait for the third!

- J. Crowson,

• Meghan in Weehawken says:

The end of October! I can’t wait that long! I just finished the second book and, like an addict, am dying for my next taste! lol. Anyways, I have loved reading these books and firmly believe that the third will be just as good.

- Meghan in Weehawken,

• Gary Edmunds, says:

I was told end of nov 09

Carrie Crotty

Antigua

• Nina = South Africa says:

How am I supposed to wait for The Girl Who kicked the Hornet’s nest?

- Nina = South Africa,