The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest

“The Girl who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” is the third and final novel in Stieg Larsson’s Millennium Trilogy and was published in 2007.

It received The Glass Key Award form Crime Writers of Scandinavia in 2008.
According to figures from June 2011, the Millennium Trilogy has together sold 60 million copies in more than 50 countries.

Plot summary

Two seriously injured people arrive at the emergency ward of the Sahlgrensa hospital in Gothenburg. One is the wanted murderer Lisbeth Salander who has taken a bullet to the head and needs immediate surgery, the other is Alexander Zalachenko, an older man who Lisbeth has attacked with an axe.

In this third novel in the Millennium trilogy, Lisbeth is planning her revenge against the men The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nestwho tried to kill her, and even more importantly, revenge against the government which nearly destroyed her life. But first she must escape from the intensive care unit and exculpate her name from the charges of murder that hangs over her head.

In order to succeed with the latter, Lisbeth will need the help of journalist Mikael Blomkvist. He is writing an exposing article that will shake the Swedish government, the secret service and the whole country by its foundations. Finally there is a chance for Lisbeth Salander to put her past behind her and finally there is a chance for truth and justice to prevail.

1,005 comments on “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest”

• Corrine, Newcastle, Australia says:

Just finished “Fire”, took me two days, didn’t want to put it down but did have to feed the kids … Came online to find out about book 3 only to find I have to wait! With such a cliff-hanger ending surely it’s reasonable to hope the publishers will release the English translation (which they have had for ages) sooner rather than later – please!!!!!

- Corrine, Newcastle, Australia,

• Kirsten van der Westhuizen, Cape Town, South Africa says:

I cannot believe all English speaking addicts of the two first books of the Milleninium trilogy will be tortured for a further 9 months before getting our eager claws on the last book !!!

PLEASE publishers, do not prolong the agony !

The first two were mind blowing page turners !

- Kirsten van der Westhuizen, Cape Town, South Africa,

• Tricia Moritz Melbourne, Australia says:

Is this some type of cruel joke? I just finished book 2 today. I thought I would go on line and purchase the 3rd book right away. I am so disappointed. Bring on 2010!!

- Tricia Moritz Melbourne, Australia,

• Tracey Moxham says:

I have just finished The Girl Who Played with Fire and have jumped on the net to dicover I have to wait until …2010 to read No3, nooooooo. Some one has to be able to do something about that, I am at a lost as to what I could possibly enjoy after Tattoo and Fire. What an extreemly talented man, so sad he is not around to read this sight, hopefully he feels our enjoyment.

- Tracey Moxham,

• Monica – Australia says:

Just read the first two over a long week-end – do we really have to wait until 2010. These have been the BEST books I have read in a long long time. I cannot even contemplate starting anything else. PLEASE don’t wait so long – keep the momentum going.

- Monica – Australia,

• Rocio Rueda says:

In 2010!!! I was trying to find out the third book in English as I do not know when it will be available in Spanish… but seems that I have to wait longer than expected…. unbelievable!! I enjoyed the two first books so much!

- Rocio Rueda,

• kath Australia says:

I too can’t believe we have to wait so long – I want to know what happens to Slander and Blomkvist. Please release the English version ASAP – there are a legion of fans just hanging in there!

- kath Australia,

ok…reading from below, you can order through amazon.co.uk and by it now

- D. Mel Hawaii,

• rhonda zylberberg says:

just finished the girl who played with fire. what am i going to read now. and i now see that the next book(in english) will not be available until next year. i am so sorry to read that it is true that stieg larsson is no longer alive. a great storyteller.

- rhonda zylberberg,

• Manuela Ghirardi says:

I do not understand why the last book is not out in england yet!!

I am italian, i live in london but luckly i will b able to buy the book as soon as i go to italy!!

Just finished the second book and can’t wait to start the third!!

It is a shame that such a brilliant author has left us!!

- Manuela Ghirardi,

• Sam Jackson says:

Dear LOrd!

Plz give us teh 3rd book soon.

plz?

- Sam Jackson,

• Katherine Eve, Cape Town South Africa. says:

There is no way that I can wait until 2010 for the third book! Pure torture! Is there any way that the third can be sourced over the internet or through Amazon prior to next year? Surely, with English being the universal language – the book should be released sooner?

Desperate! The first two books were fantastic. My life was put on ”pause” whilst reading them and now I feel this void without Lizbeth and Mikael. Help!

- Katherine Eve, Cape Town South Africa.,

• Yinn, London says:

I’ve just pre-oder the third book….won’t receive it until November time…Can’t wait! :(

When is the movie showing in UK??

- Yinn, London,

• Shankar Santhiram, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia says:

What a wonderful read. I’ve just read the first two books. The TGWTDT was arguably the best book of this genre, I’ve ever read. TGWPWF was excellent too. My favourite, was the first so far. The question is the 3rd book… When do we English speaker’s get it! Reg Keeland who does the translation obviously does it magnificently well! So come along… Reg… let’s get cracking! The world is waiting!! Also, do we get English subtitles in the movie?

- Shankar Santhiram, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia,

• Aisha – Sydney says:

GOOD NEWS FOR AUSSIES.

The third book will be released later this year – in October.

HOORAY!!!

- Aisha – Sydney,

• kerrin-gai hofstrand sydney australia says:

i CANNOT believe i have to wait till 2010 for the english version of book…i am on the last 50 pages of number 2 but dont want to finish it!!!please someone do something for us english reading fans

- kerrin-gai hofstrand sydney australia,

• John Butlers Cross UK says:

I had never heard of Stieg Larson until I bought TGWPWF at the airport in January. I am now reading the TGWTDT. Back to front I know, but I feel I know all the characters already. A teriffic read. I am gagging for the third book.

- John Butlers Cross UK,

• Monica, NH, USA says:

My sister in Sweden got me on to these books and sent the first two for my birthday a couple of weeks ago. I’m about to finish the 2nd book and I ALREADY feel a void building. These are quite possibly the best books I’ve ever read. It is near impossible to put them down. I’ve just sent my sister back home an email to send me the 3rd book. There’s no way I can wait for the English version at this point.

- Monica, NH, USA,

• McCabe, L.A. says:

I can’t wait to read this one!!! It is pure torture to wait. My mother was a swedish mystery writer… and these follow through on this masterful expose of what lies beneath the veneer of idyllic Sweden. Idyllic, compared to us perhaps; but has its hidden misogyny and violence towards women–this book also exposes what happens when a country starts losing its “safety net.”

- McCabe, L.A.,

• Ania, Wroclaw, Poland says:

I want the third part and I want it now!!! I just can’t wait to read it. I hope it will be as amazing as the first and the second one. I haven’t finished the second, because I don’t want to finish the pleasure of beeing in the middle of this wonderful action. I will read the last pages of second part when I get the third one :) Please hurry with the translation, pleeeeeaaaaseeeee….

- Ania, Wroclaw, Poland,

• Colleen, Boston, MA, USA says:

e-bay to the rescue… I just finished the first book and could not wait for the second – which is not scheduled to be released here in the US until July! I was able to get the UK version of the second book from an e-bay seller and will keep my eye on e-bay for the 3rd as soon as it is released in English.

- Colleen, Boston, MA, USA,

• Dave Cook, Sydney. Australia says:

The most amazing books I have read in a long time, I too like all the other readers can hardly wait for the third. And I am so sorry Stieg is not here to enjoy the

the acclamations for his fine work.

Thank you Mr Larsson !!!!!!

- Dave Cook, Sydney. Australia,

• Laurent says:

Lucky French readers, as all 3 books are available. You will enjoy the 3rd one when it comes out…

- Laurent,

• Manuela C. says:

The second and the third book are way better than the first…!!! Great entertainment and a wonderful read! I finished the third one last night (in Italian) and it was absolutely brilliant! Now I feel bad as I don’t know if the rumours on the fourth book being hidden somewhere in his wife’s pc are real or not…

- Manuela C.,

• Kat, Perth, Australia says:

I bought the first of the series not knowing who Larsson was and I was automatically hooked!! I am halfway throught the second and am already looking forward to the third!!

- Kat, Perth, Australia,

• Laurent says:

- Laurent,

• Manuela C. says:

- Manuela C.,

• Kat, Perth, Australia says:

- Kat, Perth, Australia,

• h34th3n, Spain says:

In Spanish will be released June 2009. Can’t wait.

- h34th3n, Spain,

• sonja- melbourne says:

why oh why do we have to wait till 2010…

I have just finished number 2 and I dont think I can wait…….please hurry

- sonja- melbourne,

for when will we have portuguese translation?

• Rainer-Göppingen-Germany says:

Hi folks,

10 minutes ago I finished the third book. All what I can tell you is, that it is fantastic – it goes far beyond the first two ones. Oh my good, I’m still shaking!!!

- Rainer-Göppingen-Germany,

• Jess – Canberra says:

Why do we have to wait so long???

Is the third book still being translated?

- Jess – Canberra,

• Jess – Canberra says:

Why do we have to wait so long???

Is the third book still being translated?

- Jess – Canberra,

• André – São Paulo says:

After reading “The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo”, I started “The Girl Who Played with Fire” and just finished. Now I am in great need for the third book, in English, please…. hoping that the translation machine will poduce it A.S.A.P.!

- André – São Paulo,

for when will we have portuguese translation?

• Rainer-Göppingen-Germany says:

Hi folks,

- Rainer-Göppingen-Germany,

• Jess – Canberra says:

Why do we have to wait so long???

Is the third book still being translated?

- Jess – Canberra,

• Jess – Canberra says:

Why do we have to wait so long???

Is the third book still being translated?

- Jess – Canberra,

• André – São Paulo says:

- André – São Paulo,

• jenny, swe says:

stieg larssons books are great! read them!

- jenny, swe,

• :Laura (Northern VA) says:

Does anyone know anything about the U.S. release of the third book? Having read the first and second I am going mad to learn how Lisbet is doing and how that final experience changed her.

- :Laura (Northern VA),

• Yolande (Australia) says:

I just finished the 2nd book and absolutely loved it. It was even better than the first and I am dying to read the 3rd one whenever that comes out. I can’t wait!!! What a pity Mr Larsson is unable to enjoy the feedback.

- Yolande (Australia),

• dekkaroo (Oz) says:

The first and second books are soooooo good I am like the rest of you……bring on the third (with a happy ending!!!) perhaps they may bring release date forward and take pity on us.

- dekkaroo (Oz),

• boi debi says:

Can you believe that he had manuscripts for more books? how can such a talented writer die so young? this is a loss for all of us salander lovers…

atlast someone bothered to create a thriller series with a heroine who is more than a sidekick and we lose him only after 3 books.. sigh!

- boi debi,

• phil marlowe (los angeles, 1939) says:

I just finished the first book and could not find anything so special about it. all this enthusiasm reminds me very much of the da vinci’s code’s frenzy … well, congratulation to the marketing guys!

PS: get some manuel vasquez montalban instead!!

- phil marlowe (los angeles, 1939),

• phil marlowe (los angeles, 1939) says:

PS: get some manuel vasquez montalban instead!!

- phil marlowe (los angeles, 1939),

• Deirdre Lally Ireland says:

When is this book being published in Ireland

Have read the other two and cant wait for No.3 of trilogy?

- Deirdre Lally Ireland,

• Stu, Manchester says:

Just read the first and I couldn’t put it down, simply amazing. I just want give Salander a big hug!

- Stu, Manchester,

• Rosa Reyero – Vienna says:

Good for Phil Marlowe!

I also enjoy more a “Vazquez Montalban” book!

Nevertheless, the Larsson’s books were an easy-read.

- Rosa Reyero – Vienna,

• muhu, lebanon says:

does anyone know what the third book talks about? the first 2 are extraordinary.

- muhu, lebanon,

Just finished the second book, couldn’t put them down. Bring on the third in english….please

Allanna. Melbourne. Australia

he is brilliant, what a loss.

• Geri. Gold Coast.Australia. says:

Like many others, I too am waiting less than patiently for the third and sadly Stieg Larsson’s final book of the Millennium Trilogy. Do we really have to wait till 2010???

- Geri. Gold Coast.Australia.,

• barenas. Cadiz Spain says:

¿Manuel Vazquez Montalban???? are we talking about the same here? Marketing? really, MV Montalban could not hook me at all like Larsson has…. and I have tried 3 times! Really Phil, you are loosing something here!

- barenas. Cadiz Spain,

• Basia. Poland says:

I just finished the second part of the trilogy (I simply ate them…) and really CAN’T wait for the last one…(until october 2009:-( ) . Lisbeth Salander is the best ever!! And I would love to see them (Lisbeth and Mikkel ) being together in the third volume!:-)

- Basia. Poland,

I’m from philippines too…The second book is ever better than the first! I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

- Samantha L.,

• Pel – London, UK says:

Please Please Please publish the 3rd book before Oct 2009!!! boo hoo I can’t wait that long!!! I am totally in love with Blomkvist and find myself drawn to Salander!! Amazing writer!!!

barenas… I was in Cadiz in February and I am back in Sept to Chiclana… you are lucky, I hear the 3rd book is published in Spanish, Swedish and French already – no fair! :-(

- Pel – London, UK,

• aaron – new zealand says:

when is the third book available in english…….please!!!!!! need to finish this amazing story!!

- aaron – new zealand,

• estrella, ontinyent. españa says:

Please, that goes out the 3rd book before 2010!!!!! I need to know the end… salander and blomkvist….

thankssss

- estrella, ontinyent. españa,

• nuri from Barcelona says:

I’ve just finished reading the first two, I’m from Barcelona and I enjoyed reading them in english but I’ll buy the third in spanish….Im going to eat it eagerly!!!!!!!

- nuri from Barcelona,

• Val, NSW Australia says:

Love the 2 books… please don’t tell me that we have to wait until 2010 to find out what happens!

- Val, NSW Australia,

• Azz Ausralia says:

i have read the 3rd book in swedish and seen the movie aswell. But my swedeish is very bad so i need to read the 3rd book in english when will it be out?

- Azz Ausralia,

• armando cr says:

i can’t wait until 2010. it was published in spanish? armando cr brazil

- armando cr,

• Laura, London says:

Jan 2010 for the 3rd book in english – that’s so mean!! I’m sure someone can do it quicker!

- Laura, London,

• CDC România says:

I just finish the 2nd book. I am addicted. In Romanian.

Fratilor, cartea e nemaipomenita. Astept volumul 3. Exista si un film?

- CDC România,

• Swen, Chur, Switzerland says:

I read the three books

- “Verblendung”

- “Verdammnis”

- “Vergebung”

damned, they are awesome!!! To sad we cant get a further masterpiece…

Thanks very much

- Swen, Chur, Switzerland,

Another addicated one!! Loved them both, though I found the second one a bit more repetitive than the first, he seemed to go over the plot line a lot. From Sydney Australia

i know this is just a comment board, but can someone pleeease tell me when the 3rd book will be out in english and where i can get it? im dying! if you know, please email me at LOMango@aol.com thank you!

• Isabel, Madrid says:

Armando: it will be published in Spanish in June 18 by Editorial Destino (Barcelona-España)

isbn-978-84-233-4161-0

good luck!

- Isabel, Madrid,

• mozzieg@gmail.com says:

yes, have just finished the second book and would love to read the 3rd one – in English please, how may I obtain it.

Buderim, Qld Australia 22 May 09

- mozzieg@gmail.com,

• Claudia says:

Hi, when we will have the third book in Brazil ?

- Claudia,

• Frank from The Netherlands says:

I’ve read them all…… Fantastic!!!

Three good stories, great characters…

- Frank from The Netherlands,

• Frank from The Netherlands says:

I’ve read them all…… Fantastic!!!

Three good stories, great characters…

- Frank from The Netherlands,

• Alessandro, perugia says:

I’ve just finished it in Italian and should I dare to say it is my favourite??

- Alessandro, perugia,

• Eduardo, São Paulo says:

I finished the 2nd book today, but i can’t wait for read next… Great book!!! Too bad just it’ill release in 2010…

- Eduardo, São Paulo,

i have just finished the first one and didnt leave my couch for two days they are a work of art. does any body know the conspiracy surrounding larssons death?

• DH says:

Oh to be multilingual and so read volume III in the trilogy series. Vol II was the most exciting page turner I’ve read in years. These are well crafted novels and can’t wait for vol III

- DH,

• Eduardo, São Paulo says:

- Eduardo, São Paulo,

• DH says:

- DH,

• Blom says:

The book has been released in Europe, maybe you can buy it by Internet…

- Blom,

• Blom says:

The book has been released in Europe, maybe you can buy it by Internet…

- Blom,

• julier@hsn.net.au says:

What is the name of the 3rd book & is it available in Australia yet? Thank you.

- julier@hsn.net.au,

• julier@hsn.net.au says:

What is the name of the 3rd book & is it available in Australia yet? Thank you.

- julier@hsn.net.au,

• Yoli says:

When does the third book come out in the U.S ? Hope it’s sooner than 2010!!

- Yoli,

• Yoli says:

When does the third book come out in the U.S ? Hope it’s sooner than 2010!!

- Yoli,

I am desperate to read the 3rd book in English and prefer paperback to hardcover..surely we don’t have to wait until 2010? They say the film will be out before this which is not good.

Marg,

Third book will be released 1st October in English. It was supposed to come out only in 2010 but since its popularity is increasing they had to rush things up!

• CSB Australia says:

I am in Europe next week and hoping that the third book is available in English, wish I had stuck with the Swedish lessons!

- CSB Australia,

Marg,

• Lulu Darlington says:

lovely series with vivid characters. love how the second book, The Girl That Played With Fire ends, in a semi cliff hanger sort of way. Cant wait to read the third and last book.

- Lulu Darlington,

• Rachel, Ireland says:

Just finished reading the second book this afternoon. I didn’t want it to end! Looking forward to the next one. Any chance of an English film – the trailers look great.

- Rachel, Ireland,

• could not wait in USA says:

I read the first one in English, second one in Spanish and had to read the third one so i am reading in French, it starts where the second one left off. It is keeping me busy… very engrossing.

- could not wait in USA,

• Jensen, Denmark says:

Have just finished the third (and last) book, wow. Really, really hoping that the family will release the fourth book.. I can’t get enought….

- Jensen, Denmark,

• fran goldberg says:

Was recommended to these books by two saleswomen in the English bookstore in Zurich, Switzerland. Totally love both books, cannot wait for the 3rd one, which has not been translated to English yet. So sad that the author died at 50 and did not live to see how successful his books were.

- fran goldberg,

• Berni says:

Please tell me when No 3 is due in english – have so much enjoyed Nos 1 and 2. Can’t wait for the third to come…

Berni, Ireland

- Berni,

My english teacher recomended this books to me.

I love it.

I can’t wait for the third.

Claire

• Ni says:

I am waiting for the third book! I can’t wait for so long, please release it soon….

- Ni,

• Lani Sydney Australia says:

Fantastic books, I dont want to wait intil 2010 for the next one, I want to read it NOW !!!!

Best read I have had in ages…………………brilliant.

- Lani Sydney Australia,

• johnny albox españa says:

hola soy española y me quedan solamente12 dias de dulce espera.ha sido como un embarazo:ilusion imaginacion,nervios,deseo,va a ser un verano feliz con larson.el nos vera disfrutar desde el cielo

- johnny albox españa,

• Carmen Auer says:

The most amazing literature I have read in a very long time. So beautifully exciting and agonising so between the the excellent structure the suspense is absolutely overwhelming

- Carmen Auer, 16 June 2009

• Yinn, London says:

Hi guys,

For those who live in live UK the third book should be released sometime in November 2009.

hope that help.

i’ve purchased mine on amazon website…won’t receive until early Nov…..now im starting to get very impatient! >_<

- Yinn, London,

• Regina Fonseca – Brazil says:

Dear Adry Lopez,

I knew he was dead ever since I read the 1st. book. I was just wondering that maybe, just before he died, he would be working on a possible 4th book. Now that I´ve read more of the mails in these boards I could see that it is possible. Best regards.

- Regina Fonseca – Brazil,

isnt’ English one will be released in Autumn 2009?

• Ravi Maheshwari , India says:

could not put the book down before finishing it, late Mr Larsson had a gift of keeping the reader hooked, its such a pity that the third sequel will be released only in 2010, its a lo……ng wait

- Ravi Maheshwari , India,

• Adry Lopez says:

Hello Regina.

Mr. Larsson has been dead for a while.

- Adry Lopez,

• Regina Fonseca – Brazil says:

I´ve just finished no. 3, which I had to read in French (beautiful translation). I just wondered if Mr. Larsson had plans for a new series – or a 4t. book – with Lisbeth´s sister as main character. Don´t you all think that Mr. Larsson had more cooking in the oven?

I adored the Millenium series!

- Regina Fonseca – Brazil,

• Jossssepppe says:

Hi! im spanish! and i would like the first part of the book in English, when talks about women in wars! please i need it but in englis cause i dont look it for! THANKS!

- Jossssepppe,

• Meritxell, Barcelona says:

Hello!

I ‘m from Barcelona and have in my hands the third part!

I have bought it today!

And I can’t stop reading! .. by the way..I read it, in my language, the Catalan,

a language of a small country..

We have gone forward to the omnipresent English.. for once!..Haha!

Good reading!

- Meritxell, Barcelona,

• Karin Weavill Harrismith South Africa says:

Do we really have to wait sooo long for the 3rd book????

- Karin Weavill Harrismith South Africa,

• Shirley Richards Australia says:

Just read on Wilkipedia that at his death he left an unfinished manuscript of part of a 4th novel as well as synopses of a 5th & 6th in the series. Also stated the series intended to contain an eventual total of 10 books. Wonder if anyone will ghost write them

- Shirley Richards Australia,

Don’t use this blogs to claim a language is better than other one please…

• Anna, usa says:

OMG can’t wait for the 3rd book.Like Carol said..gotta be patient.

- Anna, usa,

• Carol- Anne M-D Ontario Canada says:

I savored the last hundred pages of the girl who Played with fire. I went out for the day and came back home reluctantly to finish it. It was such an enjoyable read, as was the first book. I went on line to check about the next one and see it won’t be out till Oct/09 at earliest…Darn! Wish I could read Swedish. Perhaps I could try to find the french version translation.

I will just have to Be patient. Excellent series, so sad that he is gone and there will be no more!

- Carol- Anne M-D Ontario Canada,

• Anna, usa says:

OMG can’t wait for the 3rd book.Like Carol said..gotta be patient.

- Anna, usa,

• Carol- Anne M-D Ontario Canada says:

- Carol- Anne M-D Ontario Canada,

• Lyanna says:

Meritxell, Cataluña is not a country ;)

I just read the first of the series, and I was wondering why the titles change so much. “The girl with the dragon tattoo” is Lisbeth indeed, but although she’s a main character, the argument is not around her but Harriet’s disappearance, isn’t it? In Spain the title is “Men who didn’t love women” and I’ve read somewhere that the original title is “Men who hated women”, which is a bit confusing at first as you expect a mistery tale, but then it’s clearly resolved

To me, that book is a social denunciation disguised as a mistery story :P

Then, I have to say something about the movie. I saw it before reading the book and you get a big spoiler from the second book in the first film. See, there’s a scene where Lisbeth has a flashback of her throwing an oil can and setting fire to a man (you come to think it’s his father) and the prologue from “The girl who played with fire” is a girl (looks like kidnapped or something) wishing to do exactly that.

So you obviously come to think that the girl in the prologue of the second book is Lisbeth, and I haven’t read further but if Larsson wanted to keep her identity secret till the end of the book, the film has ruined it.

- Lyanna,

• Lyanna says:

Meritxell, Cataluña is not a country ;)

To me, that book is a social denunciation disguised as a mistery story :P

- Lyanna,

• Jyoti Jadhav says:

I was just roaming in a bookstore when i came across the 2nd novel and decided to buy 1st one. But later on my friends say its a miracle to see me hidden in these 2 novels. I always used to run away from books but these books make me run behind them. I feel sad to realise that we wont have more of these novels after some time. I ease say that Lisbeth has become my ideal in some sort. I really miss her please release the 3rd part soon.

- Jyoti Jadhav , India,

• Jyoti Jadhav says:

- Jyoti Jadhav,

• Laurencia from London says:

Hi

I’ve just finished the 2nd book and there is no way I can wait until Nov for the 3rd one to be published in the UK.

Come on Quercus! You can’t do that to us.

So that this excellent writer died so soon.

They’re ones of the best books I ever read! Well don

- Laurencia from London,

• Yogi, Australia says:

I’ve just been travelling around Italy for the last month where I stumbled across the first two books. Finding books in English was challenging (and understandably so) and the first two books kept me mesmerized on the many trips on trains, planes and automobiles.

It’s saddening that we’ll only have one more book from this great author. I am looking forward to it’s release in Australia in 2010…

Thank you Stieg for adding such rich stories to the literary world

- Yogi, Australia,

• Laurencia from London says:

Hi

Come on Quercus! You can’t do that to us.

So that this excellent writer died so soon.

They’re ones of the best books I ever read! Well don

- Laurencia from London,

• Yogi, Australia says:

Thank you Stieg for adding such rich stories to the literary world

- Yogi, Australia,

• Adridere from Everywhere says:

So, I just finished the third book (in Spanish), after reading the first two in English and I have to insist that Lisbeth Salander deserves all our passion. That said, I liked the book as a conclusion of the second one (I mean, it’s really one book in two parts) but it could have benefited from tighter editing. There is a lot of unnecessary stuff in the book and not enough Lisbeth. The best scenes, of her and her hacker friends, are sacrificed to give us page after page of conspiracy theories that feel stale.

Also, it jars me that every woman who bumps into Blomkvist ends up with her panties in her hands. Seriously! Larsson’s fantasies take the better of his alter-ego. What bothers me is that for someone who is all about justice, the guy is shallow in his approach to women. (I’d have liked to read a sequel where he’s the one pinning.)

I’m so happy about the ending for Lisbeth.

- Adridere from Everywhere,

• Adridere from Everywhere says:

I’m so happy about the ending for Lisbeth.

- Adridere from Everywhere,

• Baroness von Coma, Melbourne says:

Unfortunately I don’t read Swedish and so I have to wait until the third instalment of the trilogy is translated into English! Damn…I just finished “Fire” at 2am this morning and I’m already frothing at the mouth for the sequel! Is there ANY possibility that the publication date will be brought forward from October??? You’ve created addicts out here and we need to know who’s holding ;)

- Baroness von Coma, Melbourne,

• Amrita Sabnavis, Bangalore says:

Great Storytelling, but badly in need of tighter editing. Can’t figure why the covers of books 1 and 2 are so kitschily done! And I cant stop thinking that Larsson actually hit upon Lisbeth Salander as the central character only towards the end of the first book. Until then, it was largely about Blomkvist, and even more, about Harriet Vanger. It’s almost like he thought to himself: Hey…. wait a minute now…. this Salander is potential for a sequel!

Having said that, they’re unputdownable. No doubt about it. I hope the third book (in English) gets out soon?

- Amrita Sabnavis, Bangalore,

• Baroness von Coma, Melbourne says:

I just had an epiphany!

As a result of the extraordinarily addictive power of these books, I think that Larsson has managed to create one more phenomenon in addition to the quality of his writing. That is, for the first time since I can recall, an English speaker is truly at a disadvantage in accessing literature! The English translation is hotly anticipated not only by myself but by the looks of this blog, many others. Although unintentional, I think the fact that the translation into English is delayed should remind those who only speak/read English and therefore who’ve had pretty easy access in terms of language may want to address that discrepancy. I know I will! It’s time to take up French and German again – and STICK with it this time!!!!!

I like to think that Larsson would enjoy this little by-product of his brain-child xx

- Baroness von Coma, Melbourne,

• Baroness von Coma, Melbourne says:

- Baroness von Coma, Melbourne,

• L. Davis says:

I loved The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo — I just

discovered Larrson only to learn that he is

dead. Such a tragedy.

- L. Davis,

• Santino says:

Lisbeth Salander is captivating. I`m in love with her

- Santino,

• Santiago says:

The second book is amazing. I can´`t wait till the third onde come out!! Brillian!

- Santiago,

• Thaís Martins/ Brazil! says:

I got the two first books! I’m still reading the first one and I’m really enjoying it.. Can’t wait until the last come comes out :) He was such an amazing writer!

- Thaís Martins/ Brazil!,

Loved the first 2 books!!! how are we going to wait for the 3rd one!!!! sooooo exciting!! RUTH SOUTH AFRICA

• Talita, Cape Town says:

I have never read anything like this. It is absolutely brilliant

- Talita, Cape Town,

• Amanda Jackson, Durban, South Africa says:

I don’t think I can wait till next year for the book. Was glued to the first 2.

- Amanda Jackson, Durban, South Africa,

• Trish Mitchell, Canberra Australia says:

Totally can’t wait till Hornet’s Nest comes out — Stieg was a brilliant tale weaver .. Salander is my favourite heroine since Elizabeth Bennett!!

- Trish Mitchell, Canberra Australia,

• Rhoda/Sydney Australia says:

Came across the first book by chance – am about to read the second one. What a writer and how sad he is no longer with us.

- Rhoda/Sydney Australia,

• Milena Lakic, Montenegro says:

I `ve just finished the first book and can`t wait to find the second and continue to follow Lizbeth. Mr. Larsson who unfortunately died, had a very good understanding of woman` fears, their way of thinking, feeling, leaving… Hope that Lizbeth will getover pain caused by seeing her Mikael with Erica, as she getovered much harder things… But what didn`t break us, it would make us stronger…however we look small and tiny.

- Milena Lakic, Montenegro,

• Kash says:

Does the third book come out in October 2009? (Australia) I cannot wait – it took me about a week to finish each of the first two – absolutely brilliant!

- Kash,

The book is out in the UK in 76 days according to Waterstone’s http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/displayProductDetails.do?sku=6729694

I’m so happy I can read French so I have already read them all but I won’t spoil anything. Shame he died he was planning to write three more.

Unos libros excelentes, me los lei ambos en dos semanas, solo espero el proximo.

Juliana from Colombia

• russell blake says:

rip he was a wkd writer and i love all his books

- russell blake,

I am Finnish and i just wait the 3rd book (Pilvilinna joka romahti) Finnish translation

• Regina, Singapore says:

I read all these wonderful reviews about Larsson’s books on Amazon that I needed to see what the fuss was all about. Now I know why!! I finished reading “Fire” in two days and was blown away with the plot and of course, Lisbeth Salander. Can’t wait for the 3rd book to be released.

- Regina, Singapore,

• Michal says:

You start to read those books and you can’t stop! The figure of Lisbeth Salander is created in absolutely genius way, with a perfect knowledge of psychology.

I’m going back to reading – it’s obvious, that she isn’t murder. BTW – When have YOU discovered, that she can’t be a murder? :)))

- Michal,

I live in London and have read both of the first books. Please confirm asap when the 3rd one will be released this year! Thansk :)

How’s the Finnish translation like? I’m Finnish, but since I’m living in London I’m reading the books in English. Just about to finish the “Fire”. Amazing!

I have never written on a forum before, but i just have to. This trilogy is FABULOUS. Cant wait for the third!!!