Rooney Mara praised as Lisbeth Salander

Ronney Mara has been highly praised for her role as Lisbeth Salander in David Finchers version of “The girl with the dragon tattoo”. Mara has in only a few years made it from TV shows like “ER” to become one of Hollywood’s most sought-after actresses.

Rooney Mara, previously known from TV-series “ER”, and films like The Social Network and A Nightmare on Elm Street, plays the role of Lisbeth Salander in the American version of Stieg Larssons “Millenium-thrilogy”. Since the movie’s premiere on December 12th in London a unanimous body of critics has praised Rooney Mara’s part as Lisbeth Salander and, due to her achivements, she has rightly become one of Hollywoods most wanted. She was nominated for “best actress in a drama” for the Golden Globe Awards in 2012.

It was not however decided from the start that Mara would play the part, many speculations about who should be playing the role of Lisbeth Salander in the Hollywood remake. Noomi Rapache, who played the role in the Swedish versions of the films where mentioned at first, but later on focus turned to more well-known names such as Natalie Portman, Ellen Page and Kristen Stewart. However none of them felt right to director David Fincher, who instead decided to go for the, at the time relatively unknown actress Rooney Mara.

Fincher and Mara were not complete strangers, they had worked together quite recently on “The Social Network”, the movie about Mark Zuckerberg and the creation of Facebook.

The role of Mikael Blomkvist were played by Daniel Craig, who has played James Bond in the last two movies about the famous secret agent 007.

Directer David Fincher had before the premiere stated that the actors will speak with a swedish accent. This caused a quite a stirr and media stated it to be a clue as to why so many Swedish actors had figured in the rumors about the casting of the film, for example is Max von Sydow rumored to play Henrik Vanger. What is clear is that Swedish actor Stellan Skarsgård will play the role of Martin Vanger. In the end, Stellan Skarsgård were the only swede signed on, but the Swedish accent was indeed applied.

Co-stars Daniel Craig and Stellan Skarsgård talks about the perfect fit between Rooney Mara and the role as Lisbeth Salander.

462 comments on “Rooney Mara praised as Lisbeth Salander”

• Stevie r says:

No, not Daniel Craig! He is NOT Blomkvist! Don’t do it!

- Stevie r,

• Elizabeth says:

Not sure why they are remaking these movies at all. Can they really make them any better??

- Elizabeth,

• Meagan, says:

Nope. Hollywood will do what they do best: create a movie for the typical American audience in the hopes of making money off of it. I am an American and I LOVED the Swedish films. (and the books!)

- Meagan,

• DED says:

I really wish Hollywood would leave this alone. The Swedish versions are already great, and the American version are never as good because they have to be geared to a larger audience which always translates to a dumbing down. Plus how can anyone play Salander after Race’s performance?

- DED,

• John Waters Jr./California U.S., says:

I completely agree! Especially on the dumbing down of art in the US.

- John Waters Jr./California U.S.,

• C Lakes says:

It would work if they followed the book to the letter and could get Noomi Rapache to play the lead!

- C Lakes,

• Almgren says:

I guess the Americans need to do thier own version because so many of them (Americans) can’t read (the subtitles). What a shame to try to “fix” something that just ain’t broke. Daniel Craig… give me a break, that would be like having Jim Carey play the lead in Ben Hur… Hollywood, I’ll take Bollywood any day, at least the music and the dancing is good. Just my thoughts, and I am Swedish to boot.

- Almgren,

• tod, says:

As an American, I agree. I don’t understand the need to remake movies that are so successful. The only explanation: everyone wants to cash in. Larsson’s father and brother own the production co that produced the Swedish versions, and stand to make even more $$ off the Hollywood version.Many of Larsson’s US fans, who probably don’t even know the Swedish movies were made first or even existed, will make this movie successful.

- tod,

• L1ZZ, says:

Be fair P.Fab if they filmed the whole book verbatum they would be about 8 hours long, film and books are different vehicles, books come with no time limit, films you have 2 hours tops. Besides I thought the bed hopping in the first book was actually a distraction to the story, and didn’t really contribute to the story. Especially when he ends up sleeping with Harriet … why ?

- Ray V,

• Liz says:

Having read the book and watching the Swedish version of the movie, I CANNOT imagine anyone other than Noomi Rapache as Lisbeth Salander. End of statement. Period.

- Liz,

• Mack says:

From what I’ve read, Noomi Rapace wasn’t interested in doing a reprise as Lisbeth in the Hollywood version even though she was the obvious choice. She was more interested in doing European films besides she had already played those parts. Personally, I would have loved to see Noomi in the Hollywood version but I can understand her reluctance.

- Mack,

• wolflady nm says:

I had pictured Ellen Page as Lisbeth when I read the first of the trilogy “…Dragon Tatoo”. After reading the sequels I was more convinced that she should play the part. Too bad. Still lookiing forward to the film

- wolflady nm,

• Susan Cummins says:

NO NO NO NOOMI IS LISBETH, NO ONE ELSE!!!!!!!!

AND DANIEL CRAIG CANNOT BE BLOMKVIST

MAX AND STELLAN ARE PERFECT, THOUGH

- Susan Cummins,

• Ric K. says:

What about Ewan McGregor as Blomkvist??? Watch The Ghost Writer.

- Ric K.,

• Mark says:

Fairuza Balk would have been perfect for this role

- Mark,

• Real American says:

Sounds like someone is jealous of the USA! Hope you can get over your insecurities, Almgren.

- Real American,

• Christine, Rhode Island says:

P.S. I agree that Ewan McGregor would have been great as Mikael, too.

- Christine, Rhode Island, USA,

• Christine, Rhode Island, USA says:

I love the casting of Stellan Skarsgard as Martin Vanger. No sure about Daniel Craig as Mikael; I was thinking of Russell Crowe in that role. Oh well, guess Hollywood didn’t consult me!

- Christine, Rhode Island, USA,

• Ann C. Hughes, California, US, says:

Russell Crowe would make a better Mikael. i don’t like Daniel Craig, i can’t take this guy seriously. i saw him in 007 and i just wanted to shoot myself.

- Ann C. Hughes, California, US,

• Lisa K says:

I want to keep an open mind and think the american version will have a chance, but the reality is that the swedish versions were so real and well done it’s going to be a real challenge.

- Lisa K,

• ana says:

I think the american verison will suck..it will lose it’s rawness

- ana,

• Meagan says:

Did anyone see “The Social Network”? I haven’t so I have no idea of the skills of this actress. Does anyone think she can seriously handle the role of Lisbeth Salander? The only thing I know about this woman is that she is known here in the States as the “Princess of American Football” or something because the men in her family all have front office positions with American Football teams. Her Great Grandfather or something founded the “New York Giants” I think.

- Meagan,

• Joseph Jordan, says:

Meagan, physically I think she fits the role much better than Noomi Rapace. As for her acting ability, I haven’t the slightest clue. To be honest, I would rather have someone like Noelle Dubois play Salander(As she fits the physical description and the mental description). The film won’t be nearly as good as the Swedish film(Hollywood always finds a way to mess things up).

- Joseph Jordan,

• A.C.H., says:

Oh my god… unless you got a really crappy bootleg or something, the subtitles WERE NOT riddled with errors in grammar. And painful to watch? Why? Because all the women looked normal and not like botoxed, plastic American actresses? Two final points: I was born, raised, and still live in Ohio so don’t give me that hater crap and Stieg Larsson’s name has two S’s.

- Meagan,

• Meagan says:

Unless it gets rave reviews, I have no plans to see the American versions of the films. The Swedish versions were brilliant and I can read. As such, I don’t plan to ruin the story and the characters with overblown special effects and ridiculous fight scenes. Do yourself a favor and see the Swedish films in subtitles!

- Meagan, 26 December 2010

• Cedar Wilde., says:

Meagan, I will be doing exactly as you say. I feel the same way about special effects and the possible ruination of this book.

- Cedar Wilde.,

• Reverend Mike says:

I’m sure that Rooney Mara’s love scene with whomever they get to play Miriam Wu in the second remake will be awesome. Personally I don’t see that she has enough edge to realistically portray the character in a believable manner. Rapace’s was, of course, a classic portrayal.

- Reverend Mike,

• Reverend Mike says:

- Reverend Mike,

• Cedar Wilde says:

Daniel Craig is not old enough to play Blomkvist, he should be about 50 years old. Would that be to shocking for American audiences?

- Cedar Wilde,

• Adr, says:

I think that Daniel Craig would be perfect as Blomkvist! As an American, I doubt there will be any shock whatsoever. I think that he will look and act the part as needed.

- Adr,

• Cedar Wilde. says:

Rooney Mara seems totally unfitted for the role of Lisbeth Salander. Noomi Rapace was perfect. Why do the Americans always have to mangle other peoples cultures?

- Cedar Wilde.,

• Justin Barnes, says:

I agree completely, but it’s because it’ll promote it here and make the series more popular (at least that’s what I think). Plus, some people, like me, hate the fact that some movies have the english subtexts and you have to read the whole thing and miss alot of the movie. Hence, PASSION OF THE CHRIST. But, TGWTDT was a great movie and I was intrugued and not disappointed that I had to read the subtexts.Plus, I think that some Americans are greedy and try to do it their way. I hope they dont mess up the movies. I hear they are thinking about redoing STAR WARS (which will probably flop badly) and Stephen King’s IT (which will be good, maybe, but not as good as the original.

- Justin Barnes,

• Cedar Wilde says:

- Cedar Wilde,

• Adr, says:

- Adr,

• Cedar Wilde. says:

- Cedar Wilde.,

• Justin Barnes, says:

- Justin Barnes,

• Shane Coumbe says:

Looking for swedish actors? My wife would love to see Alexander Skarsgard from True Blood in the Mix.

- Shane Coumbe,

• Shane Coumbe says:

- Shane Coumbe,

• Sheralyn USA December says:

When I read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, only one face could play the role – Archie Panjabi. She’s perfect for the role, even if her figure is fuller than Lisbeth’s is described.

- Sheralyn USA,

• janette – australia says:

as far as i say ,,,you can’t beat the original….the swedish actors suited the work and portrayed their parts greatly….myself i don’t think i will be enjoying the remake as well as i enjoyed the original…rapace was so convincing in her part i don’t think anyone could better it..

- janette – australia,

• Sheralyn USA says:

- Sheralyn USA,

• janette – australia says:

- janette – australia,

• samy says:

nej! daniel craig as blomkvist, nej!

rooney mara, maybe she can come close to noomi rapace, but i’m not sure, if these two can bring the magic of the original swedish cast on screen.

- samy,

• wayne says:

waiting for the new release to see the difference

- wayne,

• samy says:

nej! daniel craig as blomkvist, nej!

- samy,

• wayne says:

waiting for the new release to see the difference

- wayne,

• BC Kelly Tally Fla says:

This “new” actress will probably do fine here in USA – we, as a group, don’t have very high expectations

However, for those few of us who’ve seen the “real deal” ?

Is only one “first love” and one Lisbeth – Noomie

But, again, the US Market is easily amused and many think going to McDonalds is “dining out”

- BC Kelly Tally Fla,

• Justin Barnes says:

I just watched TGWTDT last night and I loved the actors in it. I like that they are remaking the movies so people can watch the movie without reading the subtext and dialogue (though this is the first movie I enjoyed reading without being mad about reading the movie, hence PASSION OF THE CHRIST – good movie but I hated that I had to read the whole thing and miss some parts on whats going on). I can’t wait to watch TGWPWF tomorrow night once I get it and finish book 3 and then get TGWKTHN when it comes out on DVD. I hope Stieg’s girlfriend finishes the series either herself or hire an author who can (James Pattersson would be a good possibility). I love the movies and the books and can’t wait for more! There’s more to his death than meets the eye, I think….

- Justin Barnes,

• Justin Barnes, says:

Noomie Rapace was PERFECT for the role but you can’t judge Rooney by looks. We’ll have to see if she can hold to the role.

- Justin Barnes,

• BC Kelly Tally Fla says:

However, for those few of us who’ve seen the “real deal” ?

Is only one “first love” and one Lisbeth – Noomie

- BC Kelly Tally Fla,

• Justin Barnes says:

- Justin Barnes,

• Justin Barnes, says:

- Justin Barnes,

• paddy pumpernickel says:

there is NOTHING wrong with he originals…….!

Fincher wants the actors to speak english with a swedish accent like the Chef on the muppet show. What a joke…

What a slap in the face for the makers of the origianals. The only bright spot is Max von sydow…a very gifted actor.

I hope the americanization if these unique films becomes the 2011 hollywood flop.

- paddy pumpernickel,

• mtcolorado, says:

i agree go with the originals i bet the could speak english with a swedish accent “Ya think”?

- mtcolorado,

• Moriarty, says:

I COMPLETELY AGREE!! No need to remake a perfectly good movie just because it wasnt made in America. Hollywood is obviously having troulbl coming up with original ideas, cases in point ” Death at a Funeral,” “Girl with Dragon Tatoo,” and now the vampire movie “Let Me In.” They keep steling good stories and passing them off as thier own with the knowledge that the average american hasnt seen this fabulous film because they would have had to read

- julliardbound23,

• bilingual bo. says:

…this is so…..american. What the heck is wrong with the originals..?????

oh wait….americans don’t speak anythign across the border and don’t do subtitles…..

- bilingual bo.,

• paddy pumpernickel says:

there is NOTHING wrong with he originals…….!

- paddy pumpernickel,

• mtcolorado, says:

- mtcolorado,

• Moriarty, says:

- julliardbound23,

• bilingual bo. says:

…this is so…..american. What the heck is wrong with the originals..?????

- bilingual bo.,

• Steve, Oklahoma City says:

I?ve read one review after another blasting the idea of an American remake of the trilogy. First let me say that I?ve read the books and watched the first two movie installments. The actors? portrayal of their respective roles was outstanding. I can understand the apprehension concerning a remake and the possibility of not doing the stories justice. However, in my estimation, although the acting was superb, the screenplay left a lot of important details out of the movies. Blomkvist was constantly described in the books as a woman?s man who had multiple lovers without even making much effort. The romance between him and Berger was completely removed from the movie story line.

I realize that concessions have to be made in movie scripts for the benefit of time/space constraints, but some book exclusions to these films didn?t make much sense. Before you make quick judgments on the merit of films that have not yet even been made, give them a chance. If they do end up being bombs, I?ll be the first to admit it.

- Steve, Oklahoma City,

ooooooh

• Dragon Tattoo Lover says:

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one can replace Noomi!!!!

- Dragon Tattoo Lover,

• Mick Jardine. s.l.c., utah says:

I had several people recommend the trilogy to me over the Christmas ho;idays. I started reading the first book Sunday morning and read 12 hours straight and then finished on Monday morning. I was so hungry for the other books I couldn’t wait. Saw two of the movies and read the three books in four days. I was sorry to finish the last one. Sorry there isn’t another ten or fifteen stories behind the three books. Thanks for history, thanks for insight and thanks for such a gripping story about some of our social needs.

- Mick Jardine. s.l.c., utah,

• Peachy girl, says:

The movies you sW were the swedish ones with subtitles?

- Peachy girl,

• Beverly/ California Girl/ Foreign Films #1!!!!!! says:

I’m reluctant to watch the US version. The original trilogy is too unique and compelling. Why ruin a great thing! For shame Fincher!

- Beverly/ California Girl/ Foreign Films #1!!!!!!,

• California Rudy/ Sweedish Lover says:

The movie will be somewhat succesfull in the US cause about 75 percent of the people will not even know the original trilogy. Us cool 25 percent hate this idea never mess with the Original

How can you not have Noomi, last I check she spoke english too but will have an accent, um hello isn’t that what there looking for. Very Disappointed…get your own ideas Fincher

- California Rudy/ Sweedish Lover,

• An Aussie, Sydney says:

They will Americanize the movie and make it into garbage that will air for 90 minutes. Sorry, should leave it well alone I reckon.

- An Aussie, Sydney,

Agree

• Sue, Chicago says:

I, like Mick from Utah could not put down the books once I started reading. Book 1, it did not grab me until I was about 100 to 150 pages in and then I could not get enough of it. Started the 2nd book Christmas weekend and completed it by return to work on Monday. Had to break down and buy the Hard back for book #3 because I knew it would be impossible to wait until June 2011 for the paperback version. This is the best writing I have come across in 20 years! I cannot stop telling people to read this series, have already loaned out my books to friends for the great reading experience.

- Sue, Chicago,

• Addicted to Millenium!, says:

I couldn’t agree more Sue!! and surprisingly,I gad exactly the same experience with 1st and 2nd and 3rd book!I even read the 2nd book during the Xmas weekend!how weird is that!!Greetings from London!

- Addicted to Millenium!,

• –Salander Fan says:

I agree, this is a complete insult to all of the people who worked hard on the original films; the first two have been brilliant adaptations that have a really different feel to them – they’re not the same old Hollywood spiel that pours out year after year. I hate to be vicious, but I’ll bet that the West’s only beef with the original films is that they have subtitles – I hear complaints from people on a near

-daily basis that movies in our World Cinema section at work are subtitled, not dubbed. Right, because reading is so hard.I’m also going to take a wild stab in the dark and say that the Bjurman supblot will either be scaled down or removed completely in case it offends someone. :/

- Moriarty,

• P Dolter says:

My thought ab out it exactly! How horrific and out of touch to have conventional looking actors–and needlessly too. On the girl who played with fire disk, the viewer has a choice of dubbed English (yuck also) or English subtitles. I love the fact that the movies are pure Swedish.

- talonthorndog,

• David says:

I loved Noomi and Nyqvist in their portrayals and was both protective and skeptical about an americanized( sanitized?) version..but after seeing SocialNetwork I think Fincher may just be able to pull off the transition to thenew version

- David,

• Lyra says:

Don’t you get it? The swedish version is too good. Where’s the 25 minute blood and guts shootout, or a half hour to rescue someone while you shorten the story by an hour? How could americans watch an actual plot? A friend was surprised at how much of the book the swedes got into the movie. Duh.

- Lyra,

• Emese, Hungary says:

Sorry, Rooney, you never be able to play Lisbeth! Not even with Swedish accent!

- Emese, Hungary,

• Oz says:

Aaargh no! How can sweetface here EVER compete with Noomi when it comes to portraying the complex character of Lissbet? Wont work.

- Oz,

• Canuck from Ontario says:

I have just seen the Swedish movie, excellently dubbed in English. Why would Hollywood bother to do a remake. I cannot imagine it being equal to far less better than the original. Noomi has set a high standard for the portrayal of Lisbeth. Anyone else can only be a disappointment.

- Canuck from Ontario,

• sparrow, says:

I’ve read all three of the books, but after seeing just the first of the movies, I cannot subject myself to watching the other two. I felt the movie did no justice at all to the book, so much plot and character left out. If you hadn’t read the book you would be cluless. I’m not saying that the Hollywood remake will be any better. I just think it is too much book, too much detail to be able to squeeze into a couple of hours of film. What is most sad, is to not have more stories from this most wonderful writer. What a tragedy.

- sparrow,

• rollingeyes..leave it alone us says:

Ellen is a good but…she would have to step up the role. become more bad n every way. I just hope they dont pick some girlie girl to play a bad ass chix role. shes suppose to have a past which makes her this way. so America if you must copy another movie from another couno try make it a damn good film. i live in the us but i watch more foreign films than i do us. ugghh i cant believe they have to do this. Noomi done a great!!! JOB..n I agree its dealing with money and just so america can have their name on something once again

- rollingeyes..leave it alone us,

• Winston Churchill, says:

I have seen all three of the Swedish films and the American version. While I preferred the storytelling, pace, and plot development of the Swedish version, I thought Rooney Mara’s interpretation of Lisbeth Salander was more dark, depraved, and intriguing. Noomi did an awesome job too, I just preferred the self

-assured nature of the character that Mara created.

- kwitt,

• jco, says:

if u hate america so much why dint u leave

- jco,

• angel,german- U.S. says:

non of the girls listed can play her role…they must keep looking or the film wont be worth a dime

- angel,german- U.S., 31 January 2011

• A frustrated Canadian says:

The only reason they are making an americanized version is for money and greed. Mr. Larrson would surely be disapointed with his father and brother for agreeing to what amounts to an insult to his original work.

- A frustrated Canadian,

• Martin carey, says:

yes, you’re so right. Frustrated Englishman.

- Martin carey,

• salfromoz says:

NO!NO!NO!! not another hollywood remake!! the original movies are great – should not be cheapened by hollywood!!! and no other actress can do the part justice!!! Noomi Rapace IS Lisbeth Salander!

- salfromoz,

• E. Glampe, says:

You will both have to improve your English before you go anywhere.

- Winston Churchill,

• D. turner, says:

I totally agree! Once a film has been made I don’t think you should change it. It was great the way it was. The actress Noomi was amazing I would not want to see anyone else playing Lisbeth!

- D. turner,

• Harry Teleborian says:

I just watched the first two films, and while the cast is generally pretty good, I think the screenplay could have been much better.

The problem, as usual, is that transferring a big book to a short movie means you have to lose a lot of detail, and that means you have to scramble to fill the plot holes with curious episodes, which lead further and further away from the original. You also necessarily lose a lot of character depth. It struck me numerous times, especially in the second movie, that anyone who didn’t already know the book would have trouble following the narrative. The other major problem with the screenplay, for me, is that the film makers seem to have tried to express their creativity at the expense of the plot. Random events that didn’t happen are inserted, for no apparent reason, and that only serves to undermine the credibility of the whole.

I’m not holding my breath expecting a great Hollywood movie, but whatever they come up with, I hope it’s a) long enough to do justice to the book, and b) more faithful to Larsson’s original text and charcterization.

- Harry Teleborian,

• Patrick Brinkmann, says:

Damn Hollywood with there remakes. They only do it for one reason. Money. They’ve seen how succesfull these books and movies have become and they didn’t have any part in it. Now they’ll make the remakes, change the storyline to their liking and f*ck everything up. You can not remake these movies and they will never find an actress as good as Noomi Rapace for the role of Lisbeth.

- E. Glampe,

• sparrow, says:

Teleborian? Seriously?

- sparrow,

• Power to Noomi Rapace, says:

stupider is not a word

- Bonnie,

• L.Sanchez, says:

you’re dumb, get over yourself.

- TylerL, 28 December 2011

• GMcVan says:

Thank God it’s not Kristen Stewart or Natalie Portman!!! I don’t know anything about Rooney Mara, but those other two are abysmal. I really love the books and I’m looking forward to seeing what Hollywood will do with this movie. Hopefully we won’t be disappointed, but I have my doubts……

- GMcVan,

• Ray V., says:

I think that you are being a bit unfair, I agree Natalie Portman is probably not the best choice, but she is a brilliant actress and if she did have the part you can guarantee it would still be a first class performance.

- Ray V.,

• Lilliya says:

Why can’t they just keep this swedish as it is? and this ‘new’ Lisbeth has bleached eyebrows, that wasn’t the case in the book. I actually haven’t seen the movie but by looks Noomi Repace looks much more like how I would imagine Lisbeth, this girl looks like a kind school teacher, which is definitly not Lisbeth! I like it just the way it is!

- Lilliya,

• Kim, says:

Uh, look again. . .that is supposedly Rooney Mara in the photo. She did play Salander in the Swedish films. I would guess that is her natural hair color in the shot above.

- Kim,

• Kim, says:

- Moriarty,

• Kevin says:

They should have let the Swdish Actress do it! Natalie Portman, what a Joke!

- Kevin,

• acfromusa, says:

FYI: Noomi Rapace spent 18 grueling months making those movies and said she doesn’t do things twice. Natalie Portman is not a joke. The Swan role was as intense as any role to come along in a long time. To prove the point, Americans aren’t the only ones who thought so (she won the Oscar). She won a BAFTA too.

- acfromusa,

• Kim says:

I’ve seen all three Sweedish films and they were so well done. Take a hint from Mostly Martha, a fabulous German film that Hollywood did a remake of under another title and failed to capture what was so wonderful in the original. Do yourself a favor and see all three Swedish films. They are great filmaking and bone-close to the books. Rooney Mara IS Lisbeth Salander and a wonderful actress, so Hollywood is at least getting that right. Her Swedish cast mates were great. I hope the Hollywood version doesn’t stray too far.

- Kim,

• Kim, says:

I meant Noomi Rapace, not Rooney Mara, and see I was mistaken. I can’t imagine anyone else filling that role so well as Rapace did in all three Swedish films.

- Kim,

• Michelle says:

I doubt that she will do the role justice. Noomi Rapache was singularily amazing in that role … and Hollywood will have a difficult time in keeping Rooney Mara from being overshadowed by Noomi Rapache’s portrayal.

- Michelle,

• Tailah says:

oh i LOVED the movie, i thought she did a phenominal job and can’t wait to see the others

- Tailah,

Just dub the Swedish movies. Nothing is going to replace their integrity.

• True Fan says:

I have read all the books and just finished the films. I think it will be really sad if Hollywood remakes this one, American actors no matter the talent, are unable, in my opinion to capture that European essence. I think people should try and expand their horizons by watching the originals. Other wise it will just become another commodified american film with crazy fans that have lost sight of the true meaning of the storyline and the inherit values of the original characters.

- True Fan,

• Zalachenko, says:

Completely agree

- Zalachenko,

• Anxious fan says:

It will be a tough act to follow Noomi Rapace outstanding performance.

I have read the first book (The girl with the dragon tatoo) and have seen the films(trilogy) with english subtitle. It is by far one of the best movie I have seen. I just hope the american version stays true to the book keeping that European flair and not turn into a Holywood glamorization to the point where they’ve lost sight of the storyline. Good Luck to Rooney and Daniel.

- Anxious fan,

• Mrs. J. Paff says:

I think the original actress ,Noomi Rapache would be better playing the lead role in the new movie. I like actor Daniel Craig as the leading man.

- Mrs. J. Paff,

• Nycteris., says:

I totally agree!

- Nycteris.,

• SisterB says:

Not even going to waste my time watching it. Just bought the Blu-Ray box. I’ll just keeping watching Noomi over and over again

- SisterB,

• andi.s says:

Noomi is shure the better Lisbeth !

- andi.s,

• Cat Gough says:

Noomi is Lisbeth. End of story.

- Cat Gough,

• Zalachenko says:

No one can replace Noomi and this american remake will be the usual american shit…

- Zalachenko,

• Ooo, says:

Zalachenko? omg!!!!!

- Ooo,

• acfromusa, says:

I loved these books as well. But I’ve just finished the 3rd–”The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest”–in paperback–which seems to have come out in June 2010. Confused why you would need the hardcover?

- –Salander Fan,

• Sian Houle says:

American as I am, I am not at all interested in remake. The originals stand strong with the books and nobody else could in my opinion be Lisbeth and Mikael. I, however love Stellan Skarsgård.

- Sian Houle,

• GothicClassic says:

Why does the american have to do a Remake og the girl with the dragon tatoo in english ( it will sucked big time ) . And Rooney Mara is not Lisbeth Salander.And i heard that the english version that they will have swedih accents ( terrible ).

The only one Lisbeth Salander is Noomi Rapace.

- GothicClassic,

• Power to Noomi Rapace says:

It’s horrific how hollywood is remaking these films so shortly after they were created by Oplev…. I see it as a slap in the face. It is about money, and they have a big-head that theirs will automatically gain more fans through publicity and having ‘beautiful’ actors. It is also uncommon for most Americans to watch films with subtitles, perhaps they can’t handle it. Mara does not compare to Rapace. She’s skinny while lacking muscle and a guarded power. I’m sure that Mara will not have the ability to put as much into acting and becoming Lisbeth as did Rapace.

Larsson is a Swedish writer that created Swedish characters. Most Americans have no clue where Sweden is on an unlabeled map, so how are they to understand the way of Swedes? These movies are bound to be focused on looks, action and drama; not intellectually drawn story lines and well-developed characters.

- Power to Noomi Rapace,

• acfromusa, says:

Tack Du! Vom Idiot. Wow, I said that in not one but two languages. Aussi, Je sais ou et Sweden (Suède, pays scandinave situé en Europe du nord et qui fait partie de la péninsule scandinave). C’est Vrai. C’est Tout. Good enough? Want more?

- acfromusa,

• Hate everything american. says:

Seriously? Hollywood and David Fincher can’t remake this movie? oh you’re right the only good films are coming out of Sweden. LOL. ethnocentric europeans…pathetic.

- Hate everything american.,

Uh, don’t look now but there’s a Swedish girl coming at you with an ax. Or is that a carton of gasoline (or both)!

- acfromusa,

• fra, says:

super LOL (super pathetic american)

- fra,

• open your mind says:

So many haters passing judgement before they even see a trailer for the movie. The books were great, the movies were good and the remakes will be interesting as well. I liked Noomi too but also thought she was to big and too muscular. Physically she was larger than she was described in the book, which is my point a movie can’t be the book and any interpretation will pale. However, her acting was spot on. Open your mind to a differant and maybe better interperatation, who knows, but anyone with common sense knows you have to actually see it to pass judgement, otherwise you are just a biggot.

- open your mind,

• get a grip, says:

you can only do so much with the body type you are given

- marion cotillard is almost a foot taller than edith piaf and nobody doubted that she completely inhabited her skin and won a deserved oscar for her work; the role of an actor is to inhabit a role and bring the character to life and noomi rapace was unbelivable as lisbeth

- she made the physicality her own and she was awsome!! And I would like to see what you call big! Her body conveyed perfectly a tough fragility/vunerability. Wha I think most people object to is …if it aint broke

-why fix it?l. Long live the originals in all their glory!

- get a grip,

• baru says:

The books very great. Movies were good – Noomi Rapace IS Lisbeth Salander, nevermind how many remakes will be taken…she’s Lisbeth Salander of my dreams. Unfortunately I can’t say this also about Michael Nyqvist…but… together they were great. But is there anyone, who can tell me, why the hell there must be a remake from a films which are only 2 or 3 years old??? Of course – money.. You can think it’s stupid what i think…but I don’t want to see the remake. Do not care about how amazing it will be and how much will all this thing cost – it’s only a copy, nothing else. And at last – Daniel Craig is not Mikeal Blomkvist, and never will be:D

- baru,

• bond girl, says:

your comment proved his analysis

• fra, says:

i totally agree!!!

- fra,

• baru says:

- baru,

• bond girl, says:

He died here at the Expo office by a heart

-attack.

- Kristina,

• fra, says:

i totally agree!!!

- fra,

• McInnis says:

Mara’s super rich family bought this role for Rooney. What a shame!

- McInnis,

• acfromusa, says:

You gotta be kiddn me. Did her family buy her the role she played in The Social Network too? (BTW: That was directed by…uh…what’s his name? Oh. Yes. David Fincher (yes McInnis, that’s the same David Fincher who is directing the American version of Girl

-things happen for a reason in H’Wood).

- acfromusa,

• McInnis says:

Mara’s super rich family bought this role for Rooney. What a shame!

- McInnis,

• acfromusa, says:

-things happen for a reason in H’Wood).

- acfromusa,

• Koowie says:

I think she’ll be fine.

- Koowie,

• Koowie says:

I think she’ll be fine.

- Koowie,

• Missleta says:

Can casting be more WRONG that this? I don’t think so. The Swedish made films are excellent…there was NO reason for Hollywood to snap them up and ruin them (sigh), but they have. As my dad used to say, If it’s not broke, don’t fix it…I can only say WHY? WHY? WHY?

- Missleta,

Swedish movies bombed at box

-office, that’s why

• Missleta says:

- Missleta,

Swedish movies bombed at box

-office, that’s why

• J.R.L says:

in all honesty, i’v seen the pictures of her as lisbeth salander, and she looks kind of how i imagined her! I think this film may be interesting, looking forwards to it.

- J.R.L,

• J.R.L says:

- J.R.L,

• janet madison says:

Hollywood leave it alone! I”m american and like the Swedish films JUST as they are.REAL. Noomi IS Salander. leave it be you money hungry vultures.

REALLY! this idea really sucks

- janet madison,

• janet madison says:

REALLY! this idea really sucks

- janet madison,

• Kim says:

Not a big fan of the girl they chose. When I think of Lizbeth all that comes to my head is Noomi. LOVE her!

- Kim,

i love lisbeth salander

• Kim says:

- Kim,

i love lisbeth salander

- ,

• Jim Lindsay says:

It will be a tough act to follow after Noomi’s performances!

- Jim Lindsay,

• Jim Lindsay says:

It will be a tough act to follow after Noomi’s performances!

- Jim Lindsay,

• JOAN MORRISON says:

Only Noomi Rapace is Lisbeth Salander. Rooney looks too girl next door USA. BORING.

- JOAN MORRISON,

• JOAN MORRISON says:

- JOAN MORRISON,

• Zareen Naz says:

Noomi Rapace looked alot close to Lisbeth Salander. I read all the books & fine Noomi’s looks & attitude alot like Lisbeth. It will be very hard for Rooney Mara to play Lisbeth …it is a very powerful & intense character….she’ll have to worked very very hard to prove & close to the character.

Let’s see, i would welcome every movie made on these books & on Lisbeth.

But i think Noomi did a damn good job.

- Zareen Naz,

• maryelle tews says:

If David Fincher believes she’s the one then she is

- maryelle tews,

• jj says:

Kristen Stewart, she has the right frame and expression to play Lisbeth Salander.

- jj,

• Tmyzgrl says:

Why does Hollywood feel the need to remake an already fantastic trilogy? Noomi is the only Lisbeth Salander.

- Tmyzgrl,

• Rico – from Holland says:

The original Milennium-movies are very good! They are shot in a typical Scandinavian way. You like it, or you don’t (and find it one-dimensional). I like it a lot, the movie is as uncomplicated as the Scandinavians are themselves. I don’t think that an American way of making movies will do the story any good.

I agree with some other postings: Noomi = Lisbeth!

- Rico – from Holland,

• Fmrodd@gmail.com, says:

Noomi is Lisbeth. End of story!!

- Fmroddgmail.com,

• Rico – from Holland says:

I agree with some other postings: Noomi = Lisbeth!

- Rico – from Holland,

• Fmrodd@gmail.com, says:

Noomi is Lisbeth. End of story!!

- Fmroddgmail.com,

• Miss Rhia says:

Noomi could not have nailed the role any harder if Larsson had written Lisbeth with her in mind. I read the books then watched the films and from the moment i saw her I said “Yes that is Lisbeth!”

this new girl looks like she was thrown through the front window of Hot Topic then dragged through a cheap costume jewelry store and had a bunch of gumball machine tattoos slapped on her.

Rooney Mara in this role is what our brilliant Hollywood think tanks believe the Euro goth culture is all about

- Miss Rhia,

• Miss Rhia says:

- Miss Rhia,

• David Oliver, College Magazine says:

If any of you are college students and would like to be interviewed for an article about The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo movie(s) and books, PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP. Thank you: 8doliver@gmail.com, facebook.com/doliver8, @doliver8

- David Oliver, College Magazine,

• Scott from Wyoming says:

Why does Hollywood think it needs to do a remake? The movie is awesome as it is!! Hollywood’s remake will probably be so watered down, that the movie will lose its edge.

Remember what they did to Femme Nikkita? Leave it alone and recognize this series as a great stand-alone, foreign film that does not need Holllywood’s re-interpretation of how they think it could be done better.

- Scott from Wyoming,

• David Oliver, College Magazine says:

- David Oliver, College Magazine,

• Scott from Wyoming says:

- Scott from Wyoming,

• Marisela says:

I will like to see Noomi Rapace if she speak English playing the English version.She is great and she did a great job sweeden version and she deserve the chance.

- Marisela,

• Marisela says:

- Marisela,

• Dragon Tattoo says:

Nothing will beat the original series, Noomi Rapace is Lisbeth Salander,

Why does Hollywood think it can do better?

- Dragon Tattoo,

• Dragon Tattoo says:

Nothing will beat the original series, Noomi Rapace is Lisbeth Salander,

Why does Hollywood think it can do better?

- Dragon Tattoo,

• patrick indiana says:

There’s only one reason Hollywood EVER makes movies! MONEY!!!!

Hollywood is just a microcosm of the U.S. All about money.

- patrick indiana,

• patrick indiana says:

There’s only one reason Hollywood EVER makes movies! MONEY!!!!

Hollywood is just a microcosm of the U.S. All about money.

- patrick indiana,

• Barry says:

Hollywood should leave it alone. The original was perfect…. the choice of actors and actresses, spot on. A remake of this movie, will be like a cover band trying to play old classical rock and roll(Led Zep;Rolling Stones…..), it may sound good, but nothing beats an original.

- Barry,

• Barry says:

- Barry,

• Shaun says:

Leave Well enough alone Hollywood, Look at the mess they made with the TV Series the Killing and Shamless USA,

- Shaun,

• Shaun says:

- Shaun,

she looks a bit to sweet for the part

she looks a bit to sweet for the part

- ,

• Stephen, Perth WA says:

Haven’t seen the Swedish movie so can’t make a comparison, but yes, Rooney Mara has the look that I formed of the character when reading the books.

- Stephen, Perth WA,

• Gail B says:

She couldn’t possibly live up to it! The original ws perfect and I can’t see an unknown actress improving on it.

The books were beyong fabulous! The movies were good, but can’t touch the original stories.. I would love to see a TV series with the same actors, so they could get more of the side stores included… awesome! Steig Larrsen is a genious.

- Gail B,

• Elizabeth, says:

Surprise! the remake is freaking AWESOME!! and so is the Swedish version. There is plenty of room for diversity people. It’s not American against Swedish, it is simply another interpretation of a brilliant story. It deserves to be re

-interpretated. It’s a MOVIE..

- Elizabeth,

• MaryClare, says:

- Meagan,

• RC says:

Why do Americans have to re-do everything? Is it just arrogance that they think they can do better or can’t their general public cope with already amazing and authentic films due to the subtitles?

I know I’ll probably get blasted by Americans here for making ‘racist’ comment. I am not at all racist, I have nothing against Americans and have travelled exstensively there..but you have to admit, it’s a valid point!

- RC,

• E, says:

My husband saw the original Swedish versions which were dubbed in English. We just saw the U.S. version today and it rocks! He thought it was a better adaptation than the Swedish version. He’s read all 3 books and said it was true to the book’s content and that Rooney Mara fit the bill perfectly as the female lead and was everything the book described. Just because a book was originally adapted to a movie made in another country (Sweden) does not mean it cannot be made as well in another country (U.S.). It all depends on the director’s vision and experience and I would put David Fincher on a par w/the world’s best directors.

- MaryClare,

• Nani, says:

RC, I am American, and I agree with you completely. The Swedish films were so well done, they are enough (unless THEY were able to do the fourth) …there is no need for Hollywood to try to do it better, because they simply can’t. AS to why, I think arrogance is a part of it. but mostly it has to do with the possibility of making a lot of money off the best

-sellers. Hollywood is all about making money, not art.

- Nani,

• Edward, Monroe WA says:

Fuck Hollywood, I’m not watching it. No way in hell it will even come close to the original. If you haven’t seen the original go out and rent in now. Watch all three and you will see what an excellent group of movies that they are. Noomi Rapace is and will only be the best Lizbeth there will ever be. Ever. Everybody should get together and boycott this movie. Hollywood has lost it and more and more great original movies will be remade if we don’t stop them now.

- Edward, Monroe WA,

• Orion, says:

Clearly you both have no clue about the authors, Stieg Larsson. life long struggle against racism and Intolerance,.

- E,

• E, says:

Stieg Larssen is the EPITOME of diversity Ed. He spent a good part of his life fighting against racism and intolerance.

- E,

• TylerL, says:

he had very poor health and he died of a major heart attack while constantly climbing up the stairs at work because the elevator there was broken.

- Auden,

• dwshepherd@aol.com says:

I watched Dragon Tatoo on my computer and nearly gave up. I kept going back to it because I loved the characters, Lisbeth, M, and his companion. I got so enthralled in it, I watched Fire and Hornet’s Nest the same night. I am now on my second viewing of each and have begun reading the books. Why Hollywood would even attempt to remake these movies, I just have no clue. The directors of the three Swedish originals created perfect renditions of Stieg’s books, masterpieces, with well chosen actors who I really don’t want to recognize as celebrities, I just want to drown in their characters. Noomi Rapace: I find it insulting that anyone could try to match the force and emotion she created in her Lisbeth.

- dwshepherd@aol.com,

• Elizabeth, says:

Simple. Go see the re

-make. Be prepared to be blown away. Different interpretations is interesting. Besides, variety is a good thing. One doesn’t take away from the other. Big fan of both.

- Elizabeth,

• cee says:

have you actually seen Rooney Mara’s transformation? I love Noomi Rapace, but Mara’s Lisbeth is closer to the description in the book. Being a fan of the trilogy, I don’t think any movie will be as good as it is (as most film adaptations are), so I won’t judge this remake just because it is American. Not all American remakes are bad, check out “Let Me In”. If you don’t fee like it, don’t watch it.

- cee,

• kwitt, says:

I recommend you pull your head out of… the sand and see the remake. It’s better than the original. Seriously.

- Orion,

• dwshepherd, says:

I guess what I’m saying is I can’t see anyone knocking Rapace off my pedestal because her interpretation was so good for me. Of course, another actress can have an amazing performance, and I certainly will be interested in comparing Mara and Rapace. But I do have a problem in appreciating an American remake of a Swedish movie based upon a Swedish author and set in Sweden. Craig and Mara are to “act” like they are Swedish. Good. Fine. But I prefer the indigenous. To each his own.

- dwshepherd,

• mickyt says:

hi,or should say fantastic,cant wait to see new film ,rooney mara,daniel craig ,i am abig fan.hope they do, 2 an 3, bye

- mickyt,

• Danie B. says:

I loved the original and watched all three in the trilogy in one night,I am interested in the remake and plan to see it on opening night. I have read what Rooney has went through to play this role and I think that she deserves an open mind and eye to her art. The only reason to hate it will be if it is not true to the original story. I dont like the hate that is spreading around before the movie has even come out. Fincher is a genius and so is Trent Reznor,the man behind the interpretive music-the only thing that I thought the original lacked. I think that if the movie is horrible it wont do well…the books are too well loved and widely read for the movie to succeed if they don’t aptly represent the books. No matter the country,people and artist are the same-any film maker probably wants to make this film and every actress probably wanted to play Lisbeth…I don’t appreciate the scathing remarks just because we are American.

- Danie B.,

• TylerL, says:

Exactly! Going into movies like this you are supposed to suspend disbelief…if its just like the book then awesome. But if it isn’t then think of it as a reimagining…people have a right to display their visions. Suggestion: The Tempest by Julie Taymor. Not as badass but still a wonderful depiction.

- TylerL,

• dshepherd lexington, kentucky usa says:

The American version was no where near as good as the original Swedish version. There was a lot of inaudible mumbling. The plot line was confusing. Daniel Craig was just mediocre. Rooney was fine but not the same, hard-nosed Lisbeth as Noomi. The background music sucked. The camera shots of the snow looked contrived. The final ending was changed, but it was also in the Swedish version. However, the search for Harriet was completely changed and this affected the accuracy of the plot. I think Americans who refused to watch the Swedish version with subtitles are just crowing in the wind when they say this was a great movie or that it’s Oscar material.

- dshepherd lexington, kentucky usa,

• Liz, says:

Really? I loved them both. I’ve read the books, and I really didn’t see much wrong with the American movie. The Swedish one changed events nearly as much. I did love Noomi Rapace, but I though Mara was so different it was difficult to compare them.

- Liz,

• dwshepherd lexington kentucky usa says:

You shouldn’t just assume all Americans are complete idiots. For an example my husband has dyslexia and can read fairly well, but much too slowly to comprehend subtitles. I read the trilogy to him, and we both loved it, but he could not enjoy the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo movie, for the simple fact that he couldn’t read the subtitles fast enough.However I dislike both the choice of Rooney Mara and Daniel Craig as actors for the American version. Neither of them fit with how I imagined them while reading the trilogy.

- L1ZZ,

• book_nerd says:

All in all i must say rooney mara is lisbeth salander she owns the role and portays her very well. Great flim can’t wait for the sequel.

- book_nerd,

• bill says:

rooney mara, as salander was brilliant. Hope she does the rest of the trilogy.

- bill,

• Manali says:

physically rooney and daniel are BANG ON!

- Manali,

• not lisbeth, says:

without having actually seen the american version of the movie, daniel craig is a big salary pretty boy. while his acting talents are not what i critique here, he absolutely does not fit the description of blomvist. casting dropped the ball and could have been brilliant, if anyone had bothered to read the book(s). craigl also never fit the description of james bond and i have never understood why he was cast as such. i thought less of his portrayal than i did Roger Moore, which is saying a lot. Sean Connery nailed the portrayal of the James Bond character. Pierce Brosnan was a decent replacement. Couldn’t someone have come up with a better Blomvist than Daniel Craig? Really??? Come on, hollywood!

- not lisbeth,

• trinity says:

i saw both Swedish and american versions and thought they were great but in my opinion the american version was better and more consistent with the book like the ending but there were some parts that weren’t, like the fact that Harriet vanger winded up being in England sitting on a desk in her office while she should have been in Australia with her son in a farm. that to me was irritating and a huge alteration but overall i thought David fincher did a brilliant job and that Rooney Mara was born for that role . id love to see more of Rooney Mara as lisbeth salander.

- trinity,

• SUP says:

Can i just say how much i hated the second swedish film. The book was action packed thrilling and i couldn’t put it down. The movie made me yell obscene terms and throw object towards the glass screen. It had holes, it was incomplete, there were a lot that were missing and i was no where near satisfied. The first swedish movie was okay, but i feel as though the american version did a stellar job. Even if you didn’t read the books you would still be able to understand the jist of the story because the american version tried to explain and tie things together. Rooney Mara to me is the ideal Lisbeth, Noomi Rapace portrayed her to be way too tough, i interpret lisbeth as frail and insecure on the outside with inner rage and strength. I was able to see that with rooney mara. Noomi was too pretty and normal for me. Whoever did the bleached eyebrows is a genius!

Oh and additionally i would like to marry Lisbeth very much.

• Frances, says:

I completely agree with you! The American version of the film was much more consistent… I freaked out a little watching the Swedish versions of the films because they were just so far off. I thought Noomi Rapace was good, but you’re right that she was too tough. Rooney Mara balanced being intimidating and tough with being vulnerable. She was amazing. And the bleached eyebrows were fucking perfect. As was her “Fuck you, you fucking fuck” TShirt. So perfectly Lisbeth Salander.

- Frances,

• irem says:

I did not read the books yet, or see the Swedish version of the film. But I must say, Rooney Mara did a phenomenal job as Lisbeth Salander, I cannot imagine anyone else being cast for the role. I have so much respect for her work.

• Russell, says:

I just saw the movie today. I felt Rooney was briliant, as was D

-Craig. The film was well paced for 2 hr 40 min, and with all the twists and turns, the movie and story was compelling and literally kept me wondering what will happen next. It was disturbing during it’s most horrific moments but in my mind the events were realistic. In a way it felt errily similar to my viewing of Silence of the Lambs, when my mind was left to wonder the thought of what may have happened before and what could happen next. Never read the books but left the theater feeling I have viewed one of the best stories put on film in a long time.

- Russell,

i like very much the millenioum 3logy

• gianna giota says:

i like the new moovie of the girl with the dragon tattoo!!!

i like Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander and Daniel Creg as Mikael Blomkvist.

• Karl says:

The american film is good but Noomi Rapace is the best Lisbeth for me.

- Karl,

• Justine says:

while I did enjoy the Fincher version – and I actually found myself preferring Daniel Craig to Michael Nyqvist – the Swedish films were much better. And Noomi Rapace will always be Lisbeth Salander to me

- Justine,

• Beverly says:

I saw the American version of Dragon Tattoo in December – it was phenomenal, and Craig and Mara were absolutely brillant! Recently, I finished reading the second and third books – the twists and turns of the story line made it almost impossible to put them down. I only hope that David Fincher is willing and in a position to turn these books into separate movies, and the wisdom to use Craig and Mara again. Amazon.com is taking advance orders for the DVD for Dragon Tattoo – the release date has yet to be determined.

- Beverly,

• Frances says:

I read all of the books and had an image in my head of what Lisbeth would be… I was nervous to watch any film because films rarely ever do a book justice. I think Noomi Rapace is an absolutely incredible Lisbeth, but I was blown away by Rooney Mara’s Lisbeth. I think the Swedish version of the films were much more suspenseful and extremely effective thrillers, and those are all things the American version lacked. However, Rooney Mara’s Lisbeth kind of changed the game for me. I thought she was perfect… She was fierce, intense, and intimidating in all the ways I thought Lisbeth Salander would be. I just didn’t feel as strongly watching Noomi Rapace play Lisbeth.

- Frances,

• Xemp says:

In order for anyone to even comment into this fabulous trilogy, You must read the books because in order to truly follow/understand the (non)relationship between Mikael and Lisbeth its hard to see anything!

leapdayactionheroday@gmail.com

- Xemp,

absolutely. the only time i thought a movie even approached being true to the book was Red October. The movie nailed the book. I haven’t seen the larsson movies yet, but understand that it would be a monumental task to live up to the spirit of the novels. just finished the 3rd book today and am sorrowful that larsson wont be writing another except for the outlines for the next 7. i could have read him for the rest of my life and been supremely satisfied. now i have to go looking for another author to keep me busy at the beach. its a tall order.

• Sean says:

I haven’t seen the american version yet but I do want to read the books. I’ve seen the swedish trilogy and they blew me away. There’s a different mindset over there that americans just don’t have. When a film gets remade here it’s usually a much watered down version, hopefully that’s not the case here.

- Sean,

• Intense says:

Not-a-funky one at all.

Too bad they decided to shoot the next trilogy part in 2013, I’d be through all the pages by then, certainly spoiling the mystery of the movie.

You’d better take courage to read those, darling, they won’t bite, you faint-hearted bitch.

- Intense,

• Flory says:

I’ve seen only the american version , I’m never particular with the actors who play roles , its always the characters they play that counts. Mara for me, did a good job this movie, the emotions in her face is intense. One of the best movies I’ve seen

- Flory,

• James ben Goy says:

Totally sexist and shallow comment but as I watched Ms. Rapace in the Swedish version of Men Who Hate Women, I was thinking if her figure qualifies her as skinny and childlike, I wonder what Swedes consider voluptuous. I’ve read the books and they were outstanding thrillers, very well-written, the first crime fiction I’ve read in 30 years. I’m glad I waited.

- James ben Goy,

I read the thrilogy and I saw both movie the american and the Swedish and I think that Rooney Mara is more than Lisbeth Salander is. Exclent role she was born to be Lisbeth.

• angelia, says:

indeed she is.i also think the same, none actress could perfectly portray lisbeth salander than her. she was born to be lisbeth!!!:)

- angelia,

• nana, says:

I think Rooney Mara can make a pretty good Lisbeth Salander even though she hasn’t really proved herself yet. her acting was well done in Nightmare On Elm Street despite how SHITTY the remake was. she’s a better choice than the other actresses who wanted this role. Natalie Portman ad Ellen Page (even though i love Ellen Page) is a fat NO.

- A.C.H.,

• not lisbeth says:

daniel craig was so very wrong for the character of blomvist. who the heck was casting, or was the position totally vacant?

- not lisbeth,